Supreme Court rules that bump stocks are not machine guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well eventually they'll get to something you do care about. It's not about bump-stocks being a "boy toy", it's about a federal agency that's out of control.

With that attitude, you're part of the problem.

Yes. You're entitled to your opinion, as misguided as it is.

Why do you need a car that goes faster than the speed limit? Why do you need a big house? Why do you need more money than the cost of your basic necessities? Why do you need to gamble? This isn't about need.

Why do we need a federal law enforcement agency that thinks it can legislate? We don't...and that's what this is about.

Obviously, you've never owned or fired a bump stock. I have...on both accounts. I've never used it to "spray bullets". I've used it because it's fun and a form of recreational shooting. With just a little practice you can keep an entire 30-round magazine on a standard cardboard silhouette target. You don't just "spray bullets".

That kind of language is right out of the anti-gunners talking points. Sounds like you've learned your lessons well.

FFS...
LOL - you probably wouldn't like my thoughts on red flag laws either
different strokes for different folks.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL - you probably wouldn't like my thoughts on red flag laws either
different strokes for different folks.
Regarding red flag laws, there has to be due process BEFORE a constitutional right is taken away, not prior to.
Trey Gowdy said it best. (Talks about the no-fly list, but it applies to the 2A as well)

Bad Hombre

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just try to think of a legit use of a gun with a bump stock - can't come up with much - except spraying bullets - and it's just my opinion but its not often anyone needs to be spraying bullets around
One legitimate use might be to protect yourself from an out of control government that is trying to infringe on our rights.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put a bump stock on the manual transmission in my Mustang 5.0, now I can go through 36 upshifts in 1 minute, top speed is now 420 mph after only 1 minute. We must ban bump stocks and these vehicles of war.

Yes, bump stock bans, high capacity mags and semi automatic firearm bans are that stupid.

Last edited:

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Regarding red flag laws, there has to be due process BEFORE a constitutional right is taken away, not prior to.
Trey Gowdy said it best. (Talks about the no-fly list, but it applies to the 2A as well)

I like Gowdy - like his show - very level headed guy -- I expect he would be the first to tell how complicated it would be to explain to the parents of a bunch of kids killed in a school shooting that the nut bag who did it had the constitutional right to buy and own that gun -- in some cases due process might take too long and be more complicated than what is needed for relatives or mental health professionals and law enforcement to respond. might be the "red flag law" is drafted such that it contains expedited "due process"

Latest posts

Top Bottom