Supressor...YAY or nay?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

advmotoxc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I called ATF yesterday to check my status - she told me that current wait time is NINE months after going pending. (ridiculous, in my not so humble opinion) She told me that they are averaging about 17,000 applications a month!
Called my Class 3 dealer to tell him to quit selling suppressors 'cause it was backing up the crappy system. (lol) He said that he was also informed by ATF that nine months is the new normal. He also said that his wait time, as a dealer, has been increased to three months. I encouraged him to get to work on abolishing the NFA.
"They" require us to use mufflers on cars, don't they?!
I'm almost two months into it and still haven't achieved "pending." :grumble:

I was on the phone with them a few weeks ago and was told the exact same thing. They were taking 17,000 applications in a month and turning out 13,000.... I am still waiting on my first can, I was at the 6-7 month mark when I called (from check cashed). Pending date was nearly 3 months after that, now im waiting the 9 months after pending date.....Looks like I will be waiting a bit longer...

I was told to just buy something new every month that way you just forget about the can.....

Oiler104

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do it at your own risk. During the 7 month wait I bought 3 new threaded 22's, had one threaded and now that I have it I want to thread every 22 I have. CZ 452 single shot sounds like a pellet gun using subsonic ammo. Pistols are Hollywood quite. I can hear the action of the pistol and the bullet hitting the target. I was shooting off my deck and took a couple of minutes to reload looked up and a turkey was walking around my target. Wish I had got one twenty years ago.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've wondered this same thing myself, but I realized that I probably don't hang onto a firearm long enough to make it worth the wait both to buy AND to sell anything governed by NFA rules.

Latest posts

Top Bottom