Surefire battery failure?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Surefire batteries in a Surefire X300U, both bought new around May. The light was acting weird so I took it off the pistol, removed battery and saw this.
Fresh batteries and it seems to be working normal. I wonder if that's worth contacting Surefire about?

20200719_203634.jpg
20200719_203644.jpg
20200719_203617.jpg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was it a Surefire light? If I came that close to losing an expensive light I'd damn sure be letting them know about it. If you have more from that lot, I'd be wanting replacements. That's straight up Duracell type nonsense right there.

ETA: Reread and saw X300U. Yes I'd be calling for sure.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would call them and explain the issue. They should make it right. Did it damage the light at all? Make sure its cleaned out well. Also just an FYI there are counterfeit lights and batteries. They should be able to confirm everything is legit and get you replacements. I have never had any issue with surefire service or batteries. Years ago there was issues with battery station batts leaking. They ruined a surefire of mine but BS replaced it for me and all the batts I had in stock. After that I have never used anything but surefire batts.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What exactly are we looking at? Did the little end pieces pop off or get pounded flat?
If popped off then it's defective batteries. If pounded flat there's something wrong with the light or the batteries were mfg'd too short.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Better off with a $25 china light. Then you don't feel so bad when it F's up and you slam it on the ground.

Latest posts

Top Bottom