Surefire Campaign Donations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General...d-checks-and-full-capacity-mag-ban/5-2196377/

After the Benchmade debacle some folks over at ar15.com started digging into the campaign donations of other industry players. This, so far, is the most glaring that seem to have dug up. I'm not suggesting anyone here should boycott, and I certainly won't stop using the Surefire products I already own, however, I personally will probably not purchase anything further from them either.

I'm not really into boycotts, if I boycott every business and every person who I sharply disagreed with I'd barely be able to do business anywhere, and I'd never be able to see a movie or watch TV, so I'm not asking you to boycott them. However, the 2A is very very important to me, like it is most of you, so I absolutely cannot support a company that donates to politicians that are working against my rights.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They've started losing business over the past few years anyway. They're not innovative the way they used to be and the prices are a bit too high for what you get. They're still the king of WML's, but I expect that to eventually change too.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh I agree about Surefire being left in the dust. My little 30 year old 9P has been converted to a 6P because their rechargeable batteries were horrible and to LED finally. $18 to $21 a shot for bulbs after just dropping it got expensive over the years. Boycotting is a strong concept but only if done in massive numbers. Me not purchasing anymore Surefire products will never send them a message or keep food off their table.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder what this will do for the anti-gun politicians they're donating to, when their fellow dems find out they're taking money from firearms related industry. They could look like traitors to the anti-gun cause.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started out a Surefire and Sig snob but with three kiddos at home, Fenix and Glock are now my go to brands. I don't use weapon lights on anything other than my AR and yes, it's a Surefire... I'd be stupid to get rid of the two I already have.. I won't be buying any more though.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started out a Surefire and Sig snob but with three kiddos at home, Fenix and Glock are now my go to brands. I don't use weapon lights on anything other than my AR and yes, it's a Surefire... I'd be stupid to get rid of the two I already have.. I won't be buying any more though.
I’ve got three Surefire products and two Benchmade products. I will not be getting rid of them. I just won’t be buying any new.

Latest posts

Top Bottom