Surgery date moved

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This sucks! They need to give my area of the lung a bit more rest so they are putting off the big dig till the 9th.
I'm prepared for the 7th, and this may seem a minor issue, I'll have to get my mind ready again, after the game has been put on the schedule. I'm ready for kickoff and have to start the mental process all over.
With my limited mental process it should be a snap...Ha.

Just complaining

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's all good. I hate not having the ability to know what is going on and happening with a lot of stuff. Having surgery on my shoulder knowing I was going under general had me stressed out as well. Didn't help that I was relying on someone I only knew on a "Hey hows it going. Alright see you later." basis to make sure I made it home since my wife really can't drive anymore. I had to help direct to load her power chair on the truck and had unloaded it that morning before surgery. And even though I paid their copay they CONSTANTLY could not find it because I paid it when my surgery was confirmed at the regular office rather than the surgery center or giving them a credit card number. In fact the day of surgery the woman checking me in was asking for more money.....

Go for a drive if it's safe or go knock around in the garage/shed, hit the range, or do whatever it is that you enjoy doing and clear your head out a little. That is what I did a couple days before surgery and it did a world of good. Went for a drive to who knows where and ended up in the boonies west of Stillwater by the time I was feeling calmed down. Got a bite to eat and then headed home ready to get things done.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm afraid I can't help with anxiety or with how to psych yourself up. However, should you decide at some point that you'd like us to come visit again, let us know. We should be back in Oklahoma in a couple of days.

As usual, we're praying for you.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just had sinus surgery that I postponed because the first doctor's office was so disorganized I didn't want anything to do with them, so I went with another doc.
Yeah, resetting the whole thing mentally is a bummer.
Praying for you.....

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's all good. I hate not having the ability to know what is going on and happening with a lot of stuff. Having surgery on my shoulder knowing I was going under general had me stressed out as well. Didn't help that I was relying on someone I only knew on a "Hey hows it going. Alright see you later." basis to make sure I made it home since my wife really can't drive anymore. I had to help direct to load her power chair on the truck and had unloaded it that morning before surgery. And even though I paid their copay they CONSTANTLY could not find it because I paid it when my surgery was confirmed at the regular office rather than the surgery center or giving them a credit card number. In fact the day of surgery the woman checking me in was asking for more money.....

Go for a drive if it's safe or go knock around in the garage/shed, hit the range, or do whatever it is that you enjoy doing and clear your head out a little. That is what I did a couple days before surgery and it did a world of good. Went for a drive to who knows where and ended up in the boonies west of Stillwater by the time I was feeling calmed down. Got a bite to eat and then headed home ready to get things done.
Decided to work in the garage. Threw junk out and reorganized. Killed a few hours and I feel less frustrated. Working always help me, especially if I can get my elbows in it and sweat. That's what I've always done and I enjoy it.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Decided to work in the garage. Threw junk out and reorganized. Killed a few hours and I feel less frustrated. Working always help me, especially if I can get my elbows in it and sweat. That's what I've always done and I enjoy it.

Sometimes that is just what it takes. Been on both sides of a scheduled surgery and it sucks either way. While someone else is in surgery it's hard to deal with but if you are going under it's a pain to wait for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom