Surprised No One's Talking About the Big Obamacare Rate Hike Requests???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's what I got...Anthem Blue Cross Gold - PPO C. I was going to do A but it was $100 more a month and the only real difference is that A was "Advantage" and C was "Select" PPO network(didn't read enough to determine the difference but I assume it relates to who accepts my insurance), that and the out of pocket max was a little lower($500 IIRC something like $3k vs $3.5K); the deductibles were the same as was copay, etc.. I wonder if the prices were different because I am working for a CA company? Or did you sign up dependents(family)?

I mainly signed up for Dental as I need some major work done(but I figured I should get medical while I am at it). It's usually cheaper long term to drop dental and find a doctor that will give you a cash discount for cleanings/exams/etc(unless you need major work done as stated).

Not sure where you're living but in the Tulsa are the difference between the two networks is HUGE. One includes the St. Francis/St. Johns network, the other doesn't.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OBAMA: "Knowing you can offer your family the security of health care, that's priceless. Now, you can do it for the cost of your cable bill, probably less than your cellphone bill. Think about that, good health insurance for the price of your cellphone bill or less." – Speech in Largo, Md., on Thursday.

My cell phone and "cable" bill together cost less than 50% of my health insurance.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what I got...Anthem Blue Cross Gold - PPO C. I was going to do A but it was $100 more a month and the only real difference is that A was "Advantage" and C was "Select" PPO network(didn't read enough to determine the difference but I assume it relates to who accepts my insurance), that and the out of pocket max was a little lower($500 IIRC something like $3k vs $3.5K); the deductibles were the same as was copay, etc.. I wonder if the prices were different because I am working for a CA company? Or did you sign up dependents(family)?

I mainly signed up for Dental as I need some major work done(but I figured I should get medical while I am at it). It's usually cheaper long term to drop dental and find a doctor that will give you a cash discount for cleanings/exams/etc(unless you need major work done as stated).

Ours is through UnitedHealthcare. Lots of companies use the Bronze/Silver/Gold designations to separate their plans, though. The difference in ours was many thousands of dollars in out of pocket costs vs saving a couple of grand a year in premiums. In our situation we decided to go with the Gold plan because with the Bronze we would've been out of pocket something like $14k before our insurance even picked up a cent, essentially. I don't remember the exact numbers, but it was staggering how little the Bronze plan covered - and that was the only plan that allowed a health savings account.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somehow it all reminds of this movie:

dr strangelove president.jpgOur fearless leader:"Knowing you can offer your family the security of health care, that's priceless. Now, you can do it for the cost of your cable bill, probably less than your cellphone bill. Think about that, good health insurance for the price of your cellphone bill or less."

dr strangelove.jpg Dr. Gruber

dr.-strangelove bomber crew.jpg We won't know what's in it until we pass it.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My private health plan increased by 25% this year and I got notice that it will be canceled after next year because the plan I love will no longer be grandfathered so Obama can f$ck off!

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OBAMA: "Knowing you can offer your family the security of health care, that's priceless. Now, you can do it for the cost of your cable bill, probably less than your cellphone bill. Think about that, good health insurance for the price of your cellphone bill or less." – Speech in Largo, Md., on Thursday.

Duh, that's why the gubmint took over the internet. Soon your health insurance and internet bill will be the same, just like he promised.
Just not what you thought he meant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom