Survive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Forget about keeping it cool or cold..Learn to pressure can stuff then keep food in basement or underground cave you dug Not that you need to .. just keep it cool in the shade.
There are 12volt refridges and some apartment size refrigerators that pull .9 amps at 120 volt.

Ok so grandma and grandpa watered the horses and cows at the bottom of the hill.
The natural spring ran from a higher point on property and they piped the water into the cellar at the middle of the property.
It ran inside a concreted area and kept the cream cool and they would turn cream into butter. Concrete was like a pond with overflow hole in it

After the water left the cellar it went down hill to water the cattle and horses.
Perfect layout of the land.
That really helps things out.

Salt brine and Just salt will be your best friend.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
bought a small dehydrator 2 years ago and just ate the last of my apples with sugar and cinnamon - d-lish after 2 years in an open bag sitting on my chest of drawers....have some jerky from the same time and its still good....take a look at how the Indians handled the buffalo - berries - and assorted greens....pemmican keeps for a very long time....

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
bought a small dehydrator 2 years ago and just ate the last of my apples with sugar and cinnamon - d-lish after 2 years in an open bag sitting on my chest of drawers....have some jerky from the same time and its still good....take a look at how the Indians handled the buffalo - berries - and assorted greens....pemmican keeps for a very long time....

A dehydrator is on my wish list for this year, for deer jerky and drying fruit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom