SVT 40 7.62x54 ????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you buy your bayonet on the Net or at a gun show? I'm hoping to find something at the Wanamaker show. I think I may have to get a Mosin. Never been to big on MilSurp stuff but I'm getting a little bit of a bug for them. Been on SKS board all day studying and reading. Everyone has been very helpful. Thanks again guys.

My SVT bayonet was found on the 'net. Sportsman's Guide or someplace kinda oddball like that. They had them for a very short time six or seven years ago. Can't remember just how much it cost, but it was the best price I'd seen until then. Wish I'd bought two, they've just gone up since.
A word of warning: The only way to avoid the second and third Mosin-Nagant is to avoid the first Mosin-Nagant.
BTW, the info about supposed Kovrov production is intriguing. As soon as you think you know a little about something, new information turns up. Which is good. It keeps things interesting.

Dirty Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang it. I just knew you had a couple laying in an old shoe box you wanted to cut me a deal on. I checked sportsmanship guide all they had was the scope mounts. Thanks though.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man that's a cool looking rifle! I wish I could stumble onto one of those. But then, I want an M44, a K98k, and a Vz52, and on and on. Excellent pick up there.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is this new information that suggests Kovrov didn't make SVTs?

I was surprised, so I googled the matter. There's some discussion on surplusrifles and a couple other forums; one fellow from the Ukraine insists the arrow in oval mark is that of Factory No. 460 at Podolsk, not Kovrov. The latter's mark is similar, but the ID was erroneous. Vic Thomas seems to be on board with this, so I'd say it's kosher.

Euclid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Huh. I did the same and I guess I'll have to stop calling my SVT a "Kovrov".

Unfortunately, "Podolsk" doesn't quite roll off the tongue as nicely...

Dirty Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That pic is awesome!! And that guy has a lot of cool stuff. Man the bayonet and scope are nice. I also like the blued bolt. My purple looking bolt kinda bugs me. It just doesn't look right to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom