SW Model 36 Gurus - Please Help Identify & Value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SCSW4 places C369827 in the 1954-1956 range.

It appears to be in great shape, especially considering the age. Here are some things to note when comparing it to others of the same era or a little earlier.
I has the correct style "high horn" magna grips.
It has the "speed action" or short action and the current style hammer.
It has a square butt.​

The grips and overall condition match the seller's story about it being pretty much unused & unaltered. Some collectors prefer the older long action. I've also read that round butt snubs of this era are a bit more collectible.

All of that being said, everything pictured looks fantastic. If the right side matches the left it's a great piece that will hold value far better than the standard compact 9mm.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SCSW4 places C369827 in the 1954-1956 range.

It appears to be in great shape, especially considering the age. Here are some things to note when comparing it to others of the same era or a little earlier.
I has the correct style "high horn" magna grips.
It has the "speed action" or short action and the current style hammer.
It has a square butt.​

The grips and overall condition match the seller's story about it being pretty much unused & unaltered. Some collectors prefer the older long action. I've also read that round butt snubs of this era are a bit more collectible.

All of that being said, everything pictured looks fantastic. If the right side matches the left it's a great piece that will hold value far better than the standard compact 9mm.
I think it would too, but I don't have any compact 9's any more that I don't shoot. I recently sold a SW and a Walther that never left the safe, and I'm left with my Glocks, either for competition or carry. I was considering trading my G48, and truth be told the SW will hold value better than the 48. I shoot the heck out of that Glock though, and it runs like an old sewing machine. If a Chief's Special comes around for the same deal, I'll go after it. This SW is in really great shape, just not what I'm after as it turns out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom