Swamp people show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm watchin this show and wondering why they all are using a .22 rifle to shoot a gator that is 2 feet away.
is this a law that you have to use a rifle? I'd use a pistol personally, maybe a 9mm with a laser or even a .22 with a laser.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dunno about them, but a guy I used to know had some friend who were Cajuns that hunted gators for their hides. He said they'd jump on the gator's back and slit its throat so it wouldn't damage the hide. I'd guess that's the same reasoning they use.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A laser at 2 feet huh?
Well I'm thinkin a gator that is thrashing while your trying to not fall overboard and still shoot him in the brain, yes, it seems a laser might make it easier than trying to line up sights in that situation. Maybe not, but my original question has not one thing to do with laser so you nailed it as always.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ain't that a good way to rupture a barrel? :shocked:
Not really. the barrel is not pressed into the head with enough seal to create an issue.
For all the above posters, boots are made from the belly after it's tanned. You can blow their head off with a .50 BMG and the belly will still be intact.
Anybody seeing a pair of gator boots knows the hide is not from the back.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably less likely to shoot yourself with a rifle vs a pistol. Gator thrashes into your pistol as your pulling the trigger could lead to scenes that they couldn't show on TV.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, what @xseler and a few others have said. I'd prefer to keep as much distance as possible between me and that gator. A rifle gives you an extra couple of feet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom