Swampratt ain't got nothin on this fellow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do it all yourself and no more than what a new Corolla would cost.
I have kept all receipts and I stay under 4,500 for anything I have built.
I did build one 69 Camaro with full cage 2x3 frame 4 link coil overs and 9" and strut front end and still had under a grand in the body and chassis.

Price of steel today would put me about 2K.
But if you have to pay someone you can plan on $100 an hour.
I doubt you could buy the raw carbon fiber in that car for $4500.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can get a lot of carbon fiber cloth for 4500.
Usually $40-$100 a yard on the stuff.
MY son has used it but I still stick with fiberglass and paint it.
It has been a few years since I priced any, so that’s probably true. I used to know a guy who did a lot of work in composites; he had a deep freeze full of resin-impregnated carbon fiber cloth—he had to keep it cold or the resin would start spontaneously curing and generate enough heat to set stuff on fire. He said he had a notice on file with the FD about it.

It was a not insignificant amount of money that he had tied up in various types of composites, but this was over twenty years ago.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They also have the support of Subaru themselves so who knows what it took to build that thing. The mechanics that work on it are well paid too.

There are plenty of guys with built wranglers in them for over 100k.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was about three minutes before I saw the Subaru stickers on the car. I thought it was a Lancia Delta because it looks so much like one. An 826 hp light weight car is pretty bad ass. I'm a big fan of World Ralley races. Back in around 1988 the factory Lancia Delta was AWD with a super charged and turbo charged four cylinder engine dynoing 1000Hp. It would do 0 to 60 mph in about two seconds on gravel. It was the most technology advanced race car made at the time in any form of racing. It was an old Group B car now long banned from WR.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I was about three minutes before I saw the Subaru stickers on the car. I thought it was a Lancia Delta because it looks so much like one. An 826 hp light weight car is pretty bad ass. I'm a big fan of World Ralley races. Back in around 1988 the factory Lancia Delta was AWD with a super charged and turbo charged four cylinder engine dynoing 1000Hp. It would do 0 to 60 mph in about two seconds on gravel. It was the most technology advanced race car made at the time in any form of racing. It was an old Group B car now long banned from WR.
you can still race them.....

in a sim world. even there, it's ridiculous how much faster they are than the other cars.

Latest posts

Top Bottom