Sweet 16 Summer Mix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A diverse blend of 16 different seeds that will provide summer forage for your deer, deer, turkey,quail and dove. It contains 6 legumes, 2 grasses, 3 brassicas and 5 broadleaves.
This blend provides forage, screening cover and a variety of seed for your game birds. this is a multi purpose mix. Don't plant this if your cattle can get to it.

Deer gravitate to high protein nutritionally dense forages, which is why this mix contains so many brassicas and legumes. This is a salad bar for your deer.

99% of doves diet consists of seed with a high attractiveness to sunflower, wheat, millet, buckwheat etc. This will be attractive to the quail and turkeys too. This blend will attract your pollinators and beneficial insects, as well. 40 lb. bag will plant 2 acres. $85.00/bag. Questions??

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good question. The mix is heavy with high protein legumes for the deer,but the turkeys will graze it too. The poults will be looking for bugs. The legumes are spring forage peas, yellow field peas,sun hemp,black cow peas, red ripper cow peas and mung beans. Your brassicas are broadleaf mustard, forage collards and flax. The other broadleaves are plantain,chicory, sunflower, okra and buckwheat. Several of these are perennials and very drought tolerant. My plantain and chicory weathered the drought this summer and winter and are growing again since our recent rains. Finally, the grasses are proso millet and egyptian wheat for cover and forage. Yes, it will grow in East Texas. You now can see why I said "don't let your cows get to it". This mix of 16 different seeds provides a more diverse blend than what is typically marketed by the box stores. Sweet 16 will attract your pollinators and beneficial insects too. The blend contains over 700,000 seeds per acre. The Sweet 16 Summer will do a fine job for you. I am planting 10 acres of this on my farm this year. A customer in Nebraska was so impressed with the 4X4 Fall Mix that he has ordered Sweet 16 for his farm already. He raises corn and alfalfa and his deer ate the 4X4 into the ground. I hope a person can see that I am passionate about providing better nutrition for my deer and other wildlife.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lightly till/disc the ground, broadcast the seed, then cover with a cattle panel or piece of chain link pulled behind a 4 wheeler or pick up. Fertilize with,preferably, a balanced fertilizer such as 17-17-17 or similar.

Latest posts

Top Bottom