Sweet tea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We’re not in the south, looking at a map we are central, in all directions, but then we do have folks saying that Chicago is in the “mid-west”, so I guess it’s okay to call us whatever we want.
Actually we are. We are considered the south central United States. That includes, us, Arkansas, Texas and Louisiana. That according to the US Census Bureau. Apparently our dialect, culture and food ain’t enough to show we are in the south. Anyway, like I say, some don’t want to be associated with the south. And yes, Chicago is in the Midwest.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As an outsider, I would say that Oklahoma is the South culturally. Plus it punches way above it's weight country music wise.
Actually we are. We are considered the south central United States. That includes, us, Arkansas, Texas and Louisiana. That according to the US Census Bureau. Apparently our dialect, culture and food ain’t enough to show we are in the south. Anyway, like I say, some don’t want to be associated with the south. And yes, Chicago is in the Midwest.
Now I am thinking that Oklahoma may not be the South simply because it would mean trusting the Federal Government.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If talking about geographical location, looking at a map of US seems to indicate a different view.

Culturally, I tend to agree that Oklahoma is “southern”

But, does it really make any difference? Society can’t even agree on sex, gender, right or wrong.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If talking about geographical location, looking at a map of US seems to indicate a different view.

Culturally, I tend to agree that Oklahoma is “southern”

But, does it really make any difference? Society can’t even agree on sex, gender, right or wrong.
Can’t argue with you there. Really is sad.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure what map you're looking at, but my map of the US shows that Oklahoma occupies the same general latitudes as Arkansas, Tennessee, and North Carolina, and is generally south of Virginia, which are all undoubtedly southern states.

Latest posts

Top Bottom