Sweet tea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot to add that I have well water with a Culligan water softener. I bought a different brand of sugar and bought Luzianne tea bags. As for store bought tea, chicken express is the best sweet tea I’ve ever ate.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We usually only buy premade tea on holiday's or family gatherings and usually use Taco Casa for $2.50 a gal either sweet or unsweet, but have had some family members tell me Chicken Express also sells it but havent tried it yet.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually you can’t the unit $250/$275ish, with two black filters and it’s related heavy metal / fluoride filter. Each filter make 3000 gallons, installEd in pairs (6000 gallons) The unit takes up to 4 filters.

I use about a gallon a day so they are good for about 16.4 years at that rate.
The heavy metal filters are 1000 gallons, two is 2000 gallons. They recommend changing those every year as they have active charcoal in them to improve flavor. On tap water I replace them after a couple years, they should be good for three times that but @ $60 I’m not riding those out, actually the black filters take out most of it.

That’s a lot of cases of water. I’m concerned about micro plastic in any plastic containers.

Anywho off topic and doesn’t belong here, I did my research and this was my choice. I have lake Oologah a block away or can use any source clean or polluted. It’s part of my emergency water plan I use every single day. I usually store 10 gallons and make water once a week. Clean every three months.

https://time.com/5581326/plastic-particles-in-bottled-water/
Well, lake Oologah is most likely full of micro plastics too, just like everywhere else :(

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know what is causing your problem. The Red Diamond is really brewed.The water is heated to 198 degrees then the tea bags are dunked into it twice. It is then cooled going through a press to coolit off. It is then bottled cold from a silo. It is brewed at a thousand gallons at a time.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Two Min Tea. I used Lipton mostly for many years. Now their tea bags have gotten so thin they break easily and lately I do think I was detecting a little MSG, which bothers me. I have switched to primarily Luzianne tea bags but drink it unsweetened. I make mine fresh daily. One cup of water in a two cup Pyrex measuring cup and float the tea bag on top. Two min in the microwave to bring the water to a boil while I am filling a large pitcher of water almost full and filling a glass with Ice. Pour the boiling tea into the pitcher and I am set for the day. No sugar for me, but could be easily added like when I was younger and not all that strong but it works for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom