Sweet tea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Based Berky enjoyer

I used one for years, recently switched to an RO system. Oklahoma tap water is unsinkable and clogged my Berky
Never had an issue. How often did you back flush? That tap water must be as nasty as a pond.

I never had to, I do green pad scrub them every 3 months. They say do that if you output slows.

Last edited:

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never had an issue. How often did you back flush? That tap water must be as nasty as a pond.
Back flush?

Never did this in Seattle, but they have glacier Snow melt tap water, some of the purest in the country, Berky was for the chlorine and fluoride. The first time I drank water here I was like "WTF it's rotten" A pond might be an improvement.

It's kinda funny, Seattle's water source was a protected watershed in the mountains, people were not allowed to go there, acess controlled with motion sensors, there was a helicopter response from the sheriff office if you went near it. Lake Arcadia has people swimming in it, yuck.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some years ago I heard an older lady swear that the brand of sugar she used in iced tea made a difference.
(I'm sure she used a pot on the stove to make the tea and didn't have an iced tea maker.)
She was very economical but said she had to buy name brand sugar because store brand (WM maybe???) sugar gave the tea an "off" taste and it "went bad" quickly.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back flush?

Never did this in Seattle, but they have glacier Snow melt tap water, some of the purest in the country, Berky was for the chlorine and fluoride. The first time I drank water here I was like "WTF it's rotten" A pond might be an improvement.

It's kinda funny, Seattle's water source was a protected watershed in the mountains, people were not allowed to go there, acess controlled with motion sensors, there was a helicopter response from the sheriff office if you went near it. Lake Arcadia has people swimming in it, yuck.
Back flush is a fancy term that you pull the filters put the little rubber grommet on the filter to facet (came with filters)
76CDAB22-A8F0-41ED-A52A-A9849DFFF63A.jpeg
just like when you primed them. Like cleaning coils on your AC unit spraying from the inside out to dislodge debris.

I would pre-filter if I was using something like that, lake a Sawyer….. unknown water from a ditch. I have mult-stage filters like the Survivor for unknoun water quality. It won’t take out some viruses but it will clean oil and other crap.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m confused on some of the prior comments. We are the south. Not the Deep South, but still the south. And I’m darn proud of it. Anytime I’ve traveled out of the south people would always make comments about me being from the south because of my accent. And the girls in California loved it!! But I was married so it didn’t matter. Lol.

Anyway, I have been using great value sugar for a while. Maybe that is the problem. I used to use C&H. Maybe that is the problem, maybe not. Guess we will find out.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t make a lot of tea at a time

i like PG Tips Robot or human? tea bags, available at Amazon Wallymart and better grocery stores.

I used to raise my own bees and like a squirt of real genuine honey in my coffee or tea, otherwise I prefer the Turbinado Pure Cane Sugar In The Raw over regular table sugar, available at wallymart Amazon and many convenience stores where you get your cup,of coffee little single serve broken/tan pack, free. Old fashioned Cane Sugar is better.

example: https://www.staples.com/Sugar-In-Th...MI9L37p-iv_QIVnhXUAR0FgQ85EAQYDyABEgImpfD_BwE

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m confused on some of the prior comments. We are the south. Not the Deep South, but still the south. And I’m darn proud of it. Anytime I’ve traveled out of the south people would always make comments about me being from the south because of my accent. And the girls in California loved it!! But I was married so it didn’t matter. Lol.

Anyway, I have been using great value sugar for a while. Maybe that is the problem. I used to use C&H. Maybe that is the problem, maybe not. Guess we will find out.
One thing I do wonder about (and this may be barking up the wrong tree).
At the grocery store some bags just say "sugar" and some specify like "pure cane sugar."
Does the cheap stuff have beet sugar or something else that might make a difference in tea?

Latest posts

Top Bottom