Sweet tea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stand Watie begs to differ.
Yep, but Oklahoma still wasn’t a state until 44 ish years later. I had this discussion in Augusta, GA. I gave up :) Most of them wouldn’t even claim Texas, most of Virginia, West Virginia or Kentucky, as a Southern state. The old school southerners are rather protective. Wouldn’t be surprised if those same folks haven’t kicked out NC by now.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, but Oklahoma still wasn’t a state until 44 ish years later. I had this discussion in Augusta, GA. I gave up :) Most of them wouldn’t even claim Texas, most of Virginia, West Virginia or Kentucky, as a Southern state. The old school southerners are rather protective. Wouldn’t be surprised if those same folks haven’t kicked out NC by now.
Yeah, I think NC is a Yankee state now.

DB44

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I make sweet tea all the time and have for years. I use Red Diamond and put two cups of sugar in a gallon. It has always been great but over the last few months within just a few days of it being in my fridge it will pour out and be thicker. It will also have a funny smell and taste. I don’t understand what the issue is. I used to make two gallons at a time and it could sit in there for a long time and wouldn’t do this. I don’t understand it. Anyone have any idea what it could be?
Too much sugar!
Try cutting to 1/2 .

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, but the last member of the band is the band, and the other members have to ask him to get back in. Seeing as how Gen. Watie was the last member of the band, it seems to me that we get to decide who's southern.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha, ask people in the south… they will laugh at you for that comment. They refer to the south as basically the confederate states. Oklahoma wasn’t one.
Lol. I’ve asked plenty. Many of my family is from Tennessee. Not one of them says it. To be fair, Oklahoma would have been a confederate state had we not been Indian territory. I think some people are ashamed of being southern so they reject it.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know who these people are you were talking to but I’ve never encountered any. Not saying they aren’t out there I just ain’t never talked to them. And I’ve been to almost every southern state. I have friends from other southern states and family members.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone been to HteaO yet? They have like 29 different flavors of tea. They are popping up all over OKC. Mustang has one going up right now. Yo can go inside and get a sample cup and try them all. They use filtered water and ice and cane sugar. I like their peach, coconut, and blueberry teas.
We are having one built in Shawnee right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom