swimming pools suck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys sure are grumpy. Not sure who’s spending 80k on one. We spent just over half that on ours. But that was pre Covid also. DBCCD853-E7AE-478B-AC25-958565BB57C0.jpegI won’t own a house without one if we ever move. Worth every penny. Love it more than the kids do. Salt water is the way to go. I put a1/2 gallon of muriatix acid in a week and that’s it. Have to add a $4 bag of salt every now and again too.

Last edited:

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys sure are grumpy. Not sure who’s spending 80k on one. We spent just over half that on ours. But that was pre Covid also. View attachment 272262I won’t own a house without one if we ever move. Worth every penny. Love it more than the kids do. Salt water is the way to go. I put a1/2 gallon of muriatix acid in a week and that’s it. Have to add a $4 bag of salt every now and again too.
Just let us know when to show up! Been awhile but I bet I can still cannonball.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
First house I grew up in we had an above ground pool. I enjoyed it.

Second house my parents got an inground pool installed but by that time I was old enough to take care of it. Wasn’t to bad.

Now I’m a homeowner and should have backed away from the house instead of buying because it has a inground pool. Turns out it’s not that fun working all day and then coming home and have to work more. Been in the house for almost 3 years and the First year we bought the house I opened it. These last two summers though I’ve kept the cover over it. I don’t want the damn headache or cost this year.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First house I grew up in we had an above ground pool. I enjoyed it.

Second house my parents got an inground pool installed but by that time I was old enough to take care of it. Wasn’t to bad.

Now I’m a homeowner and should have backed away from the house instead of buying because it has a inground pool. Turns out it’s not that fun working all day and then coming home and have to work more. Been in the house for almost 3 years and the First year we bought the house I opened it. These last two summers though I’ve kept the cover over it. I don’t want the damn headache or cost this year.
Could you learn more about it, get different equipment and try to make it less work? I don’t know much about them but usually there’s a way to make a situation better.

travisstorma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spend maybe an hour a week with mine once all cleaned and set up. Went salt water was the way to go. Check chlorine and PH once a week. Adjust salt chlorinator on time if needed based on chlorine readings and add a little acid. Once a month I'll take a water sample to Leslie's so they can test everything else. Usually pretty good unless we get a lot of rain. Pool was already 88 degrees today...

Latest posts

Top Bottom