swimming pools suck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We put in an inground vinyl lined pool 25 years ago for about $14K. 16' X 30' sport pool that is 3' at one end and 5.5' at the deep end. After hearing of pool owners' complaints and some redneck reasoning, we put one in. Specs said one skimmer, so we added two. Pump for that pool was a 3/4 hp with a flow I don't remember now, but we doubled it and made sure the pump was 220 Volt.
Added a diatomaceous earth filter twice the size recommended that could filter out red blood cells at 5 micron and added a polaris system with a little robot that ran around the pool and cleaned it for us. We were very happy with the pool for 22 years but have not opened it for the last three years as we are typically gone in the RV. The cover is still on it.
Trying to convince the wife to put some catfish in there with a feeder so when we get home dinner is available. Don't know why I'm meeting with some opposition?
Our sons in HS and later loved it, especially after midnight when the "real" party happened and we were in bed asleep.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our previous house we had one built. Building a house now and convinced the wife to reduce the size. Our last pool was a pain to take care of so smaller is better. It's halfway done.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
We put in an inground vinyl lined pool 25 years ago for about $14K. 16' X 30' sport pool that is 3' at one end and 5.5' at the deep end. After hearing of pool owners' complaints and some redneck reasoning, we put one in. Specs said one skimmer, so we added two. Pump for that pool was a 3/4 hp with a flow I don't remember now, but we doubled it and made sure the pump was 220 Volt.
Added a diatomaceous earth filter twice the size recommended that could filter out red blood cells at 5 micron and added a polaris system with a little robot that ran around the pool and cleaned it for us. We were very happy with the pool for 22 years but have not opened it for the last three years as we are typically gone in the RV. The cover is still on it.
Trying to convince the wife to put some catfish in there with a feeder so when we get home dinner is available. Don't know why I'm meeting with some opposition?
Our sons in HS and later loved it, especially after midnight when the "real" party happened and we were in bed asleep.
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Whatcha namin the grandbabies?

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Until I can afford this no more swimming pools for me...
1652442810040.png

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Could you learn more about it, get different equipment and try to make it less work? I don’t know much about them but usually there’s a way to make a situation better.
without hiring a dedicated pool person… not really.

I’m in Guymon and it’s like a never ending wind storm here. that wind brings dust and the leaves from the trees.

almost have to vacuum it everyday.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on how they're used, ours was built on our side lot so it gives us a secondary area and pool house. We use it regularly for parties and I have 4 kids...once my kids are grown and gone it will be nothing but a huge burden, lol

Attachments

• IMG_1208.JPG
    IMG_1208.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 32

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not particularly fond of our above ground, but the wife and kids insist on it. Fortunately I have nothing to do with it, other than listening to them complain when the dog rolls in the dirt circle it leaves during the winter. I've given up explaining that he's a dog, he is going to roll in the dirt if it's available to him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom