swimming pools suck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redmule454

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My place had an inground pool and it was great until the kids quit helping keep it maintained. The liner needed replacing and one side wall needed rebuilt. I am now filling it with rocks that I pick up out of the pasture. When it gets filled with rocks, I am going to pour a pickle ball court and add a basket ball goal. If the wife wants a pool for the grandkids, I'll get a used above ground in the fall when people are giving them away.
Once filled it should also reduce my property taxes and liability.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
without hiring a dedicated pool person… not really.

I’m in Guymon and it’s like a never ending wind storm here. that wind brings dust and the leaves from the trees.

almost have to vacuum it everyday.
Ok, I think I’m calling bs on the trees. Tree sure. But trees… ;)

As you, and many others have implied or said. It’s far more fun to have friends that own boats, lake houses, swimming pools, etc. Than to be the owner… unless you can afford to have someone else maintain them.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We put in an inground vinyl lined pool 25 years ago for about $14K. 16' X 30' sport pool that is 3' at one end and 5.5' at the deep end. After hearing of pool owners' complaints and some redneck reasoning, we put one in. Specs said one skimmer, so we added two. Pump for that pool was a 3/4 hp with a flow I don't remember now, but we doubled it and made sure the pump was 220 Volt.
Added a diatomaceous earth filter twice the size recommended that could filter out red blood cells at 5 micron and added a polaris system with a little robot that ran around the pool and cleaned it for us. We were very happy with the pool for 22 years but have not opened it for the last three years as we are typically gone in the RV. The cover is still on it.
Trying to convince the wife to put some catfish in there with a feeder so when we get home dinner is available. Don't know why I'm meeting with some opposition?
Our sons in HS and later loved it, especially after midnight when the "real" party happened and we were in bed asleep.
i bet i have the same pool.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
without hiring a dedicated pool person… not really.

I’m in Guymon and it’s like a never ending wind storm here. that wind brings dust and the leaves from the trees.

almost have to vacuum it everyday.
i have an auto vacuum that just works its way around the pool. its nice but ugly...everything is a trade off.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could you learn more about it, get different equipment and try to make it less work? I don’t know much about them but usually there’s a way to make a situation better.
I've got a dolphin dx6 pool cleaning robot. Thing climbs the walls and scrubs the water line. It is awesome. It takes about an hour and a half to run, even has a remote control, lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom