swimming pools suck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I think I’m calling bs on the trees. Tree sure. But trees… ;)

As you, and many others have implied or said. It’s far more fun to have friends that own boats, lake houses, swimming pools, etc. Than to be the owner… unless you can afford to have someone else maintain them.

Can't call BS on the "trees." Now, if the pool is out in the country, maybe, but in the towns or on farms where folks water their lawns, there are trees.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a 20’ x 40’ in-ground. Diving board and 10’ at the deep end. We love it!
And did I mention the young lady who drops by weekly to check the chemicals and vacuum the pool?
My wife wanted a pool boy, but I cut that notion off. :laugh6:
Speaking of pools, we have our Polaris that I'll be putting up for sale soon. Auto clean the pool. Needs about two hours a day to do it's work. Amazing time saver. Found several consumables today like the foam on the tail, etc. to go with it.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on how they're used, ours was built on our side lot so it gives us a secondary area and pool house. We use it regularly for parties and I have 4 kids...once my kids are grown and gone it will be nothing but a huge burden, lol
Im betting you will have gkids hanging over at your place. lol

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought a 22' intex above ground for 699 bucks 12 years ago for kids/gkids. Use the paper filter pump with BBB method then switched to salt water system and went back to the paper filter BBB method. The salt water worked great for first year and struggled the next year.. Added a dolphin E10 robo vac and pool maintenance is a breeze. Just a FYI for those wondering what BBB is. Bleach Borax Baking Soda. BBB method with muratic acid and pool stabilizer to adjust CYA is all thats required to keep a vinyl above ground pool safe and maintain proper chemistry levels.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought a 22' intex above ground for 699 bucks 12 years ago for kids/gkids. Use the paper filter pump with BBB method then switched to salt water system and went back to the paper filter BBB method. The salt water worked great for first year and struggled the next year.. Added a dolphin E10 robo vac and pool maintenance is a breeze. Just a FYI for those wondering what BBB is. Bleach Borax Baking Soda. BBB method with muratic acid and pool stabilizer to adjust CYA is all thats required to keep a vinyl above ground pool safe and maintain proper chemistry levels.
above ground just seem to do a little better than in ground. Less volume to treat and typically stay warmer. My inground really needs a heater due to being shaded but im not about to do that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom