swimming pools suck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
above ground just seem to do a little better than in ground. Less volume to treat and typically stay warmer. My inground really needs a heater due to being shaded but im not about to do that.
Years ago a buddy and I built a solar heater for his shaded pool. Used 3/4" K copper tubing and formed a pattern that we mounted on his roof and covered with a real heavy visqueen plastic. Two ball valves tied to his pool pump to regulate flow. On a 90 degree summer day, you couldn't put your hand in the discharge water it was so hot. It was built on the side of his pool house that nobody could see so it was a pretty neat installation and it worked to warm his pool.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago a buddy and I built a solar heater for his shaded pool. Used 3/4" K copper tubing and formed a pattern that we mounted on his roof and covered with a real heavy visqueen plastic. Two ball valves tied to his pool pump to regulate flow. On a 90 degree summer day, you couldn't put your hand in the discharge water it was so hot. It was built on the side of his pool house that nobody could see so it was a pretty neat installation and it worked to warm his pool.
That's really awesome. I've considered making something out of black roll pipe or similar...it's on "the list" lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom