Syracuse man subjected to anal cavity search for drugs, then hit with hospital bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A big part of the price is the (legal) risk. Legalize it--really legalize it, not the half-ass way some states have done it--and prices will fall as new producers enter the market. Look for better-quality stuff (lower levels of dangerous impurities) and better-calibrated dosing, too, so it'll be safer.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A big part of the price is the (legal) risk. Legalize it--really legalize it, not the half-ass way some states have done it--and prices will fall as new producers enter the market. Look for better-quality stuff (lower levels of dangerous impurities) and better-calibrated dosing, too, so it'll be safer.

I don't smoke it, except for my first couple semesters in college when I decided it twasn't for me, but I don't think pot should be legalized. I think it should be decriminalized. The penalty for growing or possessing MJ should be exactly the same as the penalty for growing or possessing okra and tomatoes.

I don't know enough about the rest of the currently illegal drugs to comment, but I do know that the biggest drug problem in this country today is caused by one that is prescribed by doctors.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, if the guy didn't sign a medical authorization and didn't sign any document, I believe he is not liable monetarily for the search. I think that the hospital cannot make him pay legally.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The point you folks is missing is this, he told them he had drugs up his butt. It is known as play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The point you folks is missing is this, he told them he had drugs up his butt. It is known as play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

He played stupid games and the xray showed he was (sic) full of **** , game should have ended there! Police and judge should set the standard ,not add to the stupid.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No.

The cops said that he told them he had drugs up his butt. It's entirely possible they were testilying about that.

In any event, when they X-ray came back clean, that should have been what a competent investigator would call a "clue."

Latest posts

Top Bottom