T.V. without cable, dish, direct etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call directv and tell them you want to cancel services. Look at your bill and complain about channels you don’t watch that are included in your plan. I was getting charged for regional sports shows which I don’t watch.

After arguing with them for a few minutes and pressing the issue they cut my bill in half.
My bill was a little over $60.00 and I called them and told them I wan't to terminate my subscription and the cut my bill to $24.64 for 12 months and when the 12 months runs out I'm going to call them again and tell them it's over and I want out...bit if they offer me another 12 months at a price break I might stay a bit longer. I have better things to do that sit around getting fat watching tV.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Old style 36 element antenna on a 20 foot pole. I have never paid for TV.
But I am an odd duck as I do not have a cell phone either and would not ever pay for a device to hold music on digitally.
I have purchased casette tapes and 8 tracks and I have bought 1 vinyl record in my life.
Waylon Jennings the Dukes Of Hazzard it was a 45 rpm.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Old style 36 element antenna on a 20 foot pole. I have never paid for TV.
But I am an odd duck as I do not have a cell phone either and would not ever pay for a device to hold music on digitally.
I have purchased casette tapes and 8 tracks and I have bought 1 vinyl record in my life.
Waylon Jennings the Dukes Of Hazzard it was a 45 rpm.
Well, it was Waylon Jennings after all !!

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We use the Amazon Fire Stick.
We get Amazon Prime, Netflix, all of the movies channels and sports channels.
We use Hulu live for all of our live tv. It cost about $40 per month but we get about 50 live tv channels.
So all the movies, tv shows and live tv for $40 per month. It also comes with 50 hours of free DVR recording space and can be used on 3 to 5 devices.
We love it.
We have cox internet but did away with all of our cable companies.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing I miss is local news/weather.

You can always watch the local news live - and sometimes the latest replay - on their websites. Works on a PC or on mobile:

https://kfor.com/on-air/live-streaming/
koco.com/nowcast#
https://www.news9.com/story/37339700/news-9-live-streaming (live only)
https://okcfox.com/watch (look for "Latest News Broadcast")

I do the same thing here with the Tulsa stations. I'm too cheap/lazy to fuddle with an antenna when I can just watch it all this way.

I cut the cord in 2012. I had Sling back in the early days,. like 2014 but it sucked back then (buffered worse than Real Player). Then again from 2017-2019 I had streaming on DirecTV Now (now ATT Now), but when it crept from 30 bucks up to 60, I cancelled it last month.

So local streaming above, and Hulu, Netflix, ESPN+, and Disney Plus for us. All four of those streaming platforms cost me like 22 bucks a month combined.

Latest posts

Top Bottom