Tackle Essentials

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m looking to try and get back to fishing some this year after not doing much in the past 5-10 years.

I’m putting together a small kayak fishing box, probably around 20 lures total. It will be a general purpose farm pond/lake kit.

What is everyone’s go to lures? Models, colors, etc... I’ll be using a spinning rod if that matters.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back when I fished a lot in HS, this was the "go-to" jig and color for anything and everything 2lbs and under.

Wouldn't have a tacklebox without an assortment of these..

Zq8eCw0.jpg

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never was much of a fisherman, but a friend showed me a simple way to catch bass in stock ponds.

A simple (grape-colored) rubber worm, with a hook poked fully through near one end and out the other side, then the point stuck back into the worm to avoid getting tangled in vegetation.

Worked amazingly well just reeling it in slowly, and jerking it just enough to keep it off the bottom.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never was much of a fisherman, but a friend showed me a simple way to catch bass in stock ponds.

A simple (grape-colored) rubber worm, with a hook poked fully through near one end and out the other side, then the point stuck back into the worm to avoid getting tangled in vegetation.

Worked amazingly well just reeling it in slowly, and jerking it just enough to keep it off the bottom.
Called the Texas rig.

Latest posts

Top Bottom