Tackle Essentials

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My go to lure is the Rebel Wee Craw....

1.jpg 2.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My go to is the rooster tail yes black and white and the green yellow chartreuse whichever color you wish.

The purple worm with white tail has taken many bass from ponds. Hooked up like stated in other threads.. the white tail will be eaten first and this makes me apply 2 hooks into my worms.
Bass plug is the Bomber model A crawdad.

Lakes for crappie would be feather jigs tied 3 onto the line.

My oldest son was fishing the rocks at Tenkiller lake trying every awesome looking plug in the box.
Not a bite..My younger son and i were using corks with earth worms and killing the fish.

My son walked to the tackle box for the 20th time and was looking into it for something to catch a fish.
I said you want to catch a fish or a fisherman.
He said I want to catch a fish.
I handed him the chartreuse rooster tail and said there you go.

He looked at it and said it does not even look like a bait fish.. I said yea but it will catch all kinds of fish.
Poor kid was fishing for 2 hours without a bite.
The first cast with the rooster tail and fish was on.

I take a little plastic box that fits into my pocket I have a small cork styrofoam and some gold crappie hooks some split shots and rooster tails. Some jig heads and tube worms or white grubs. Feather crappie jigs.
Little george is good for heavy current spinner fishing in the rivers.
If you can't catch fish on those then they are not biting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom