Tactical Bras

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know how THIS story ends. They come in two sizes. Too large and too small.

Back in my younger days, I had the pleasure of meeting the young woman who was responsible for the USAF requiring all enlisted women to wear a bra. I'm sorry to say I can't remember her name, but she was an F-111D crew chief at Cannon AFB, at Clovis, NM, when I was stationed there in early 1974. Tall, and statuesque. She was marshalling an F-111D, at the time the most expensive fighter jet ever produced, and about $27million per copy, out at the end of the runway, just prior to take-off. Pilot ran the wingtip into a -60 power unit and did quite a bit of damage to some very expensive parts on the wing. During the accident board, the pilot was asked why he wasn't watching the crew chief. He said he was watching her, he just didn't see what her hands were doing. This girl was built like the proverbial brick outhouse. Tall and stacked, large chest, and very nicely put together. And no bra while waving her hands about over her head. I can understand why he was a bit distracted.

Bill

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure what the outrage is here. I enlisted back in 1988, we were issued ALL clothing, including socks and underwear. I was in a combat MOS so no women around, but it would seem logical that the military would also issue bras.
By then, probably. Back in 1973 when I enlisted, the USAF had a separate organization for women, called Women's Air Force or WAF. Bras were not required at that time, in the WAF. Or so I was told by my girlfriend and later wife, then later still ex-wife who was in Basic the same time I was. Couldn't swear to it for other branches of service, though.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope it's more comfortable than those holsters you can get. But probably not. No bra for me -- unless it's a funeral or a wedding. Or maybe a court ordered appearance of some sort. Those things were invented by the devil himself.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A year before retirement from the medical equipment company l worked for was bought out by another medical company and for what ever reason we had to interview with the new HR department from the parent company about our current job placement. We were told to be forthright and truthful during these interview...........the new owners were a French company with old world French values and attitudes we were told.

I ended up being interviewed by a cute little bright eyed HR gal that looked liked she was about 18 years old and who had smoke blown up her rear end in college about how important HR was and how to ask probing and insightful questions during an interview.

After the preliminaries were out of the way she asked what was my dream job.......😏 my answer was l wanted to be a research and applications engineer in a bra factory...........the next question was where did l see my self in 5 years.......well since l had 11 months left before l retired l said l would be hunting and fishing and playing with my grand kids. That pretty much ended my interview and on retirement l was allowed to review my employment file to be sure everything was correct and l noticed cutie pie had mentioned that l was incorrigible and was not taking the interview process seriousy. Well hell they told us to be honest and truthful and she had put black marks in my permanent record..........well l couldn't let that go l just had to write a memo of rebuttal 🤭

Latest posts

Top Bottom