Tactical Patrol Rifle class, Jim Smith of Spartan Tactical( Black Hawk Down) AUG 6-7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lets welcome Jim to his first trip to the OKC gun club!!

Tactical Patrol Rifle CRS 6-7 Aug 2011 at the Oklahoma City Gun Club

Course Description:

Tactical Patrol Rifle- This two-day course (18 Hrs) is designed to teach the shooter safe, fast and efficient advanced operation of the modern carbine rifle. The course will consist of carbine shooting from distances of 25 to 300 yds. The latest equipment will be highlighted during the course.

We will review the following subjects: Safety, Rigging of the patrol rifle, fundamentals of marksmanship, loading and unloading, clearing stoppages, ballistics, correcting for environmental factors, basic firing positions, angle shooting and cleaning, maintenance and through inspection of the carbine. *

We will also thoroughly cover alternate shooting positions, shooting while turning, shooting on the move, urban positions, range estimation, wounded man drills, one handed manipulation of the carbine, vehicle operations and many other advanced techniques. *

We will shoot several challenging courses of fire to include, advanced stress courses & competitions and advanced urban operations. (Range Dependant)

Cost: $450 for civilians, $400 for military or law enforcement minimum of 12 students

Jim Smith is a highly skilled instructor with 25 plus years of Tactical Firearms Instruction experience. *He is a well-respected member of the Special Operations community and has a wealth of real world tactical and instructional experience. Jim’s laser direct and intuitive style of teaching will quickly elevate any agency’s tactical ability
*Having been an Airborne Ranger, Special Forces Engineer and a Delta Force Operator, Jim has a lengthy operational background with real world combat experience. *His past experience includes participating in several combat raids and high threat security details in hostile overseas locations.***
*Jim is a recent former member of the AWG*and only*teaches what is tactically relevant and in current use. Spartan Tactical offers courses in Pistol, Carbine, Urban Operations and Precision Rifle.
Please fill out the application on the bottom of the calendar page of my web site and submit it with the full course tuition to hold your slot. Contact me with questions.

Here is Jim's web site, to register go to the calendar section and the OKC class.
http://www.spartantactical.com/index.html

If you need more info PM me or Email at [email protected]

JNURSE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the film, Black Hawk Down there was a scene where the first helo (Super 61) was going down and Jim was thrown out of the side door. He was tethered so he was able to claw his way back in before impact. Once the crash occured, Jim although injured, was able to make it out of the helo. He secured the aircraft while taking fire. Luckily, they were able to land a Little Bird and evacuate him. He sustained numerous injuries and I believe he was awarded the Silver Star for his action that day.

Now that you know who he is, let me say that I have taken a dozen Carbine Courses and I can honestly say that I learned more from Jim than anyone else. If you have any interest in improving your rifle skills you need to take this course!

mikeseeklander

New to the site!
Reaction score
I found out about this class recently and am sorely disappointed that I am not able to attend. Jim is a great instructor (we used to work together at the FAM's), and true warrior. This class will surely be excellent for those able to take it, I HIGHLY recommend Jim!!!

Nick710

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wouldn't miss this one. Jim is an excellent trainer and an all-around good guy. Other than the heat, this ought to be a great learning experience and lots of fun.

cheech_029

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where's the AAR?!?!?!?!

Any LEO needing info about CLEET hours for this course PM me and I'll give you the info. It was approved for 16 hours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom