TacticalUSA Warning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somehow doing something here on the shooter forum got me on a mailing list of gun-related emails. I generally just trash these but they got my attention today with a free leather IWB holster offer...just pay $9.95 shipping. Then...somehow the total was coming out to $19.90. I had to check carefully through the whole page and finally saw where they had auto-checked another $9.95 for some web based training BS. No problem, caught that and unchecked. Back to a total of just $9.95. I did see further down where they offered a shoulder holster for an additional $9.95. I'm in the market, so I agreed to that. Grand total of $19.90 out the door with two holsters I needed. Finally gave them my CC info. Well, I get two email receipts. One for the $9.95 leather holster. One for $14.95 for a shoulder holster. First off, why am I getting two receipts? I agreed to a grand total of $19.90 before I gave CC info. Secondly, the holster price was not what they said. I had to call and argue this fact to a "English as a second language" operator. They tried to pull the "well, there's a shipping fee on the shoulder holster" thing. I had to threaten them with the fact I had a screenshot of their site saying $19.90 grand total for both holsters plus shipping. 15 - 20 minutes of frustration later I saw a $5 refund come in on my bank account.

I'm sure some of you will say I should have known. Believe me, I do. That's why I trash 99.9% of these emails. But this one offered two things I was needing. I was careful about agreeing to whatever the total said. Yet they still overcharged my card in the end. I did hold them to task and I got what I wanted in the end...check that, until I get them and see them, I at least got charged correctly in the end.

Basically, I'll be back to trashing 100% of these type emails, or spam-blocking them. It's not worth the frustration. Be warned on this one.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if 1. The items show up and 2. They are remotely decent quality.

Also, I would keep an eagle eye on that credit card statement....

Wish you best of luck on this.

I already am. In fact, I wouldn't even have done this if I didn't recently, finally, get a true credit card. I was always a no credit card, bank card only type of person. But I've learned the credit card has it's advantages in these type situations. We'll see.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/tacticalusa.com

Every one of these apply to your situation. Look out for reoccurring 60$ charges every month, and the holsters are crap too from what I'm reading. Cancel, block, get a new card and or financial institution. It appears the company has the integrity of a democratic politician.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These past couple of months, I’ve been getting emails from “companies” that seem to be related to firearms somehow, but I’ve never heard of them. I mark each one as junk, and lately these emails have become less frequent.

I deal only with known good companies. The idea of saving a few bucks might result in a very expensive mistake.

Latest posts

Top Bottom