TacticalUSA Warning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CC is canx so they can't do anything else. Bank said they had to wait for charges to come out of pending status before disputing. I'll just wait and see if I ever get anything and then dispute. I would have bet money no one could ever get me on something like this. They just hit the nail on the head with me today on something I've been looking to get anyway. And I'm in (was in) a good mood because as of 2:30 I'm on vacation for a bit. Perfect storm. It could still turn out OK if the two holsters arrive and are worth $20. That's not asking much.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These past couple of months, I’ve been getting emails from “companies” that seem to be related to firearms somehow, but I’ve never heard of them. I mark each one as junk, and lately these emails have become less frequent.

I deal only with known good companies. The idea of saving a few bucks might result in a very expensive mistake.
I've just started getting a bunch of firearms related spam mail. Protonmail puts them in a SPAM folder then I batch delete them unread. I view the subject lines and senders as occasionally I have a message that I want end up there unexpectedly, but 99% of the time they're junk.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I research all companies before ordering from them.
Usually takes me a few hours to see if I will place an order.
I do not like buying off the internet.

Am Auto Parts, Rock Auto, 1A Auto, Advanced auto, Jegs, Summit racing, Speedway, that pretty much
covers my auto stuff.
Palmeto, Midway USA just about covers my other ordering stuff.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BBB has 466 complaints against them
The few times I've had trouble with a company and got the BBB involved , they did nothing. I lost about $400 on car parts in the past few years and got the BBB involved . A company would make a half ass offer and the BBB would call it settled. It should be the B for BB. They are worthless.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The few times I've had trouble with a company and got the BBB involved , they did nothing. I lost about $400 on car parts in the past few years and got the BBB involved . A company would make a half ass offer and the BBB would call it settled. It should be the B for BB. They are worthless.
I used them back around '80-ish (before the "internets") and they were very effective.

Montgomery Wards had some type of monthly thing (life insurance? don't even remember) with a free trial period. At the end of the free trial, I cancelled it. But they kept charging our credit card every month.

So... I contacted BBB and they sent me forms to fill out. I did so, mailed them back, and before long a Montgomery Wards representative called. He literally asked what it would take to make the complaint go away.

All I wanted was for them to remove the charges that kept piling up, and he was happy to do so.

BBB used to have some serious influence.
:drunk2:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used BBB twice and it was effective both times, but it probably depends on who you report and whether they care about their rating or not.

Best Buy used to be real bad about advertising something on sale and not having it in stock. They advertised a modem once, and I was there about an hour after they opened and they were out of stock. The sales guy told me they probably never had them to begin with. I asked if they would substitute one that was about $50 more for the sale price (which they had been known to do) and they wouldn't do it. This was not the first time it had happened, but this time I reported it to BBB. On their form, BBB asks what you would consider a satisfactory resolution, and I said $50 off the better modem, so Best Buy sent me a gift card for $50 and said I could put it toward the modem, or whatever I wanted to use it for.

The other time was Bass Pro, they advertised 200 round boxes of .17 hmr ammo for $14.99 (some of you may remember this). I jumped on it and ordered 4 boxes, then a couple of people posted that their invoice indicated they were 50 round boxes. Somebody called Bass Pro and they told them they would not be charged for the ammo they ordered. I tried to call and cancel my order, and emailed to cancel but it went through. I mentioned others had been told the order would be free, but they told me they couldn't do that. So I finally reported it to BBB over the weekend after I got the order, and got an email the following Monday morning saying they were issuing a refund and I could keep the ammo.

The BBB doesn't really have any authority to make the business do anything, except drop their rating if they don't resolve issues. Businesses that want to protect their rating will respond, businesses that don't care won't. But if you check and they have a poor BBB rating, then you know ahead of time that they don't much care about their customers.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I never implied that BBB would help at all. But sometimes they do. Only posted that they had that many complaints for that company.

Last edited:

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never implied that BBB would help at all. But sometimes they do. Only posted that they had that many complaints for that company.
I didn't take it as you thought they would help. It is always a chance they will. They just have never done me any good. Here is an example of my luck. I took two cracked Craftsman sockets to our local Sears. They exchanged one ,no problem at all. They didn't have the other one and said they couldn't get any more tools. So I took the other one to Lowes. The gal there told me to go get one off the shelf and bring it back to her. I did but, it wasn't exactly like the one I broke ( 6pt. vs 12 pt. ) so she got on the phone . Then she said it had to be exactly the same. Then she call the manager of the tool dept. over. He said they don't honor the Craftsman warranty, that I could get on Craftsman's webpage to get it exchanged. I took the socket back and left. I was pissed off because my time is worth something to me and they wasted 20 minutes of it. I went by another hardware store and bought the socket. I got home and got on Craftsman's webpage. It said to take a warrantied item to any "stocking retail partner" for a return. I don't really want to have to buy more Snap On but , maybe they will stand behind their tools.

Latest posts

Top Bottom