tagging a deer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember one time I remembered paper and tape but forgot something to write with so I used the lead tip of a bullet don’t laugh it worked lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a laminated gun club business card with my name and info on it and put it in the mouth of the deer. Won't go anywhere. grease pencil for the day and date.
Saw a couple of stories of folks hunting that had to hike a ways to get their deer carts or something and when they got back, somebody else had tagged their animal.
Big argument and even with the GW called, he had to give up his buck as they had properly tagged it.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a laminated gun club business card with my name and info on it and put it in the mouth of the deer. Won't go anywhere. grease pencil for the day and date.
Saw a couple of stories of folks hunting that had to hike a ways to get their deer carts or something and when they got back, somebody else had tagged their animal.
Big argument and even with the GW called, he had to give up his buck as they had properly tagged it.
I had a friend on government that had that problem once

Latest posts

Top Bottom