Taiwan China

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you China will attack Taiwan within the next 90 days?

• Yes

• No

• I love lamp

Results are only viewable after voting.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t like the old witch, but I hope we don’t back down on this visit to Taiwan! To many people are watching. I think China is blowing smoke trying to get us to back down.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The amazing thing about hypersonic delivery is the fact that last year China launched one that flew around the world and landed back in China before anyone knew about it.

That should scare you. If they can do that, they dang sure can drop it off at the Okc Post Office.
" . . . they dang sure can drop it off at the Okc Post Office."

No great loss there 🤔

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem with hypersonic weapons is that they eliminate MAD Cold War style deterrence. Mutually assured destruction hinges on the idea that we can detect an attack and send a counter attack before we are crippled. Hypersonics Are a game changer. China’s hypersonic missile supposedly does Mach 6, or 4700ish MPH; russias hypersonic missile supposedly does Mach 10. ICBMs re-enter the atmosphere at roughly Mach 25, but we would have seen them the second they launched. A submarine launched hypersonic missile fired from say, 600 miles off the coast of California or a few hundred miles off the coast of Central America would hit anywhere in the US within 30 minutes. Chances are we would never even see them coming, especially considering that the majority of our missile defense stuff (to my understanding) is focused on the Russians lobbing ICBMs over the North Pole. Even if launched from their homeland, the missiles are so hard to detect I wonder if we would see them coming. All they have to do is take out key parts of the .gov and military and we would be crippled and no threat from a MAD standpoint.

Mike Baker talks about it in Joe Rogans podcast, it’s pretty interesting and worth a listen.
Not to Worry. Back in the early 1950's I helped to ferry hydrogen bombs. Later in the fifties I began my career as an Ironworker and helped to build the DEW system in Thule Greenland. The Radar towers we built were obsolete before we finished building them. At the time there was a signal beam aimed into the center of the special steel lined tower that if the Russians lit up a rocket on a launch pad we detected and fired a beam at the center and the signal reached Omaha Nebraska in 2-1/2 seconds. Imagine the technology now sixty years later. My brother, retired military, who's job at the time was to help train other Airmen to operate and detect Russian launched missiles using the DEW system. In Vietnam it was laser guided missile training. He was sworn to secrecy in his civilian government job about his/their work on Hypersonic and Laser weapons. My brother passed away in 2017 and is sorely missed... The only thing he said to me a year earlier was the military had a Hypersonic weapon that reached 15,000 mph and laser's that could take down a plane or missiles in milli seconds. Really thought he was full of it. I was wrong. So again not to worry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom