Take down reloading table plans/thoughts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It says that the top is hard plastic, does that hold up ok for you? I have been thinking about buying one of these but people put some mixed reviews on midways site. Sorry not trying to hijack anyones thread.

Yeah, I was a little concerned about that when I bought it, but several thousand rounds later it's just fine. It flexes a little when I resize .223 and .308, but I've checked for cracks and it seems to be doing fine. The base is wide enough that it's actually kind of tough to tip over, which was another one of my concerns. I bought a couple extra of the little bins that go on the side...the two that come with it would have actually been enough for me. The only thing I use those for is to put bullets in and to keep things like my precision mics in.

Setting a weight on the base on the opposite side of the press while resizing helps keep it more stable.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
For any interested, here's mine. This setup is easily 15 years old, so I have no idea what or where the stand came from, but this is the general idea. Sorry for the cell phone pics, didn't feel like digging out the SLR.

One quick suggestion, if you do something like this, move the powder dispenser either to somewhere else, or farther away. When I'm reloading using the turret on this setup, I like the primers where they are in the pic, and the little red tub has bullets in it, but the powder dispenser is right over it, so it's a pain to deal with. I'll move it eventually, but just haven't figured out where yet.

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, this is great. I appreciate all the ideas and inf, hopefully in the next few weeks I can get me something set-up and running again!

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I finally have this resized :yikes2:

It is usually supplemented by a folding table for more stuff. CB

Attachments

• P1010004 (2).JPG
    P1010004 (2).JPG
    96 KB · Views: 198

Latest posts

Top Bottom