Taking a knee?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This taking a knee during the National Anthem proves what our Country is slipping down into.

It is not these stupid kids faults, it’s the parents fault.

Now what is scary is that the kids learned it from Adults, whose parents did not do their job!

See how this is slowly going, we have adults now who were not taught Respect of our Flag, Heritage and what our ForeFathers and our Military stand for.

I know without a doubt what kind of ass whooping most of us on here would have gotten if we had such ideas to do such disrespectful acts! Things better change fast. Stand your ground now, speak your mind against this slippery slope of disrespect!

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say it's based on a false narrative, that police are killing unarmed black men at a terrifying rate, when that's not true.
I can see that SOME police profile black men, driving while black, etc. But to say all cops or all white people are racist is just wrong.
The divide is getting greater because of this and critical race theory.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This taking a knee during the National Anthem proves what our Country is slipping down into.

Now what is scary is that the kids learned it from Adults, whose parents did not do their job!

See how this is slowly going, we have adults now who were not taught Respect of our Flag, Heritage and what our ForeFathers and our Military stand for.

I know without a doubt what kind of ass whooping most of us on here would have gotten if we had such ideas to do such disrespectful acts! Things better change fast. Stand your ground now, speak your mind against this slippery slope of disrespect!

Dude, my dad would have beat me like a rented mule if I showed disrespect to veterans, the flag, any of that. As irreverent as I am, there's a line when it comes to that crap. If these (insert the worst thing you can think of here) think this is ok, it's because they ain't been raised right. /S/ I wonder what their dads think of their actions? /S/

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say it's based on a false narrative, that police are killing unarmed black men at a terrifying rate, when that's not true.
I can see that SOME police profile black men, driving while black, etc. But to say all cops or all white people are racist is just wrong.
The divide is getting greater because of this and critical race theory.

What he said, don't forget systemic racism. It all started with the dang Political Correct crap, but PC didn't have enough bite so plan B racial.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I believe we all agree that is disrespectful, however, their actions are just as much a right as those rights inscribed in the Second Amendment. There is a bunch of stuff that I think is wrong, but there are also a bunch of Citizens that believe that a great deal of what we do and own is wrong.

The Constitution is nothing unless we support the entire document.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I believe we all agree that is disrespectful, however, their actions are just as much a right as those rights inscribed in the Second Amendment. There is a bunch of stuff that I think is wrong, but there are also a bunch of Citizens that believe that a great deal of what we do and own is wrong.

The Constitution is nothing unless we support the entire document.

Yeah, I'm in the camp of I don't like the taking a knee, but I like the constitution far more. If people can't take a knee, the flag stands for nothing as it only has meaning due to the constitution.

How come the people complaining about taking a knee don't complain about women in flag bikini's? As though the flag up someones crotch isn't disrespectful?

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/4/8

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

May be some of us thought our kids to respect the constitution. As such, people are free to take a knee during the national anthem no matter how much we may dislike it. constitution > flag

Hopefully, our youngest boy comes back from his deployment next month.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm in the camp of I don't like the taking a knee, but I like the constitution far more. If people can't take a knee, the flag stands for nothing as it only has meaning due to the constitution.

How come the people complaining about taking a knee don't complain about women in flag bikini's? As though the flag up someones crotch isn't disrespectful?

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/4/8

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

Flag respect went out a long time ago. A black and white flag with a blue stripe (or any color stripe) is a violation of the above.

The ubiquity of the TBL flag show that our culture of "special" isn't limited to victim groups.

Latest posts

Top Bottom