Taking a knee?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The folks that do the kneeling are no different than our "2A auditors". Both are well within the scope of the Constitution, even while we think they are going about it wrong.

Many here swore an oath to "support and defend the Constitution". Not only does it not have an expiration date, it doesn't have a option to only apply to those parts of the Constitution we like. Nowhere in the Constitution does it mention respecting the flag, the anthem, or anything else. We are expected to know that already. Yes, a good many do not, but there are a good many that do not like bacon either, but they are still recipients of the rights contained in the Constitution.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No one at my home would have beat me for disrespecting the flag or veterans. "Home" never taught me to respect either but the schools did and we had some ex-Army and Marine teachers who would happily educate those who disrespected the flag. Now schools allow the students to do as wish, respect and patriotism is optional.

I had WW2. Korean, and Vietnam vets for teachers. (the Vietnam guys were young!)

I would hate to think what Mr. Marks (Battle of the Bulge vet) would do to some of these kids...holy cow.

One of my gym teachers, Coach Brown (a black man) would light you up simply for cursing - I can only imagine how he'd react over some imagined victimhood crap like this.

Our society isn't crumbling, it's already gone.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
iu

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As much as I personally abhor the actions of those who take a knee during the playing of the national anthem, I believe it is their right to do so. If we wish to vigorously advocate for application of the plain meaning of the 2nd Amendment, we must also support the same for the other rights guaranteed by the Constitution. It is my right as a consumer to choose to abandon the product of a company that acts against my belief system. Thus, I have not watched an NFL game in several years. For that matter, I have not watched a professional sports game of any type in several years, as all of the organizations either openly or tacitly supported the actions that I find disrespectful.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Huh.... bunch of white men arguing about taking a knee and racial equality. Seems like this is tilted heavily to one sides narrative and then cherry picked comments from those who agree with that side. I guess I don't feel the need to get pissed that someone took a knee during the national anthem. I've seen so called patriots not pay attention that it was playing and others who didn't remove their hats. Does it really ruffle your jimmies so much that you let racism slide because you're offended? Pathetic. Simply pathetic.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Huh.... bunch of white men arguing about taking a knee and racial equality. Seems like this is tilted heavily to one sides narrative and then cherry picked comments from those who agree with that side. I guess I don't feel the need to get pissed that someone took a knee during the national anthem. I've seen so called patriots not pay attention that it was playing and others who didn't remove their hats. Does it really ruffle your jimmies so much that you let racism slide because you're offended? Pathetic. Simply pathetic.

I am Black.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

As was said before all this kneeling started over a lie. A Lie that was perpetuated by the media. A lie that the courts proved a lie and acquitted the police officer in Ferguson. Several more incidents later, most were brought upon themselves by non compliance, and the sh1tstorm is a national movement. A movement founded by Marxists and people who don't give two schitts about black lives. This has been proven. All these people have is an agenda, to force change by false accusations and corporate lawyers advising companies and universities to just play along and give in so they won't attack you. We see the lie as the police and the courts and DA's don't or won't do their jobs. We see it and we are sick of it so don't go telling me I'm a hypocrite. The only racism I have seen in all of this is the fact it is being played as a counter to everything I as a conservative believe in. I am white therefore I'm a racist. BullS!

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's an odd topic. A person can both support a constitutional right to kneel and not support kneeling before the flag. It's not a with us/against us all or nothing scenario. I imagine the exclusivity or that type of thinking probably came about like most things these days... the media grabs it and makes it a political issue. The same/same media tells you to you choose a side and people adopt a train of thought. Then those opinions and talking points get regurgitated by both sides of the issue, ironically becoming a virtue signal among each community of political thought.

I'm surprised, here we are five years later still circling the wagons over picking a side when the truth is, to be an American patriot, you never had to.

If CNN suddenly became conservative tomorrow, Fox News would flip liberal on Wednesday. It's not about upholding sacred beliefs, it's about finding a niche demographic, driving ratings, and selling advertising.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's an odd topic. A person can both support a constitutional right to kneel and not support kneeling before the flag. It's not a with us/against us all or nothing scenario. I imagine the exclusivity or that type of thinking probably came about like most things these days... the media grabs it and makes it a political issue. The same/same media tells you to you choose a side and people adopt a train of thought. Then those opinions and talking points get regurgitated by both sides of the issue, ironically becoming a virtue signal among each community of political thought.

I'm surprised, here we are five years later still circling the wagons over picking a side when the truth is, to be an American patriot, you never had to.

If CNN suddenly became conservative tomorrow, Fox News would flip liberal on Wednesday. It's not about upholding sacred beliefs, it's about finding a niche demographic, driving ratings, and selling advertising.

No, if you don't share my exact views, you are a liberal, commie, nazi, ignorant, right winged, nut job, insert many other random "insults" here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom