Taking kids hunting is fun!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Janitor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taking kids hunting is fun and rewarding in more ways than one. A friend of mine asked me to take his kids hunting since his farming is taking up most of his time. As I wrote in a previous thread, I was taking his 7 year old hunting and we had a blast seeing deer, enjoying snacks and teasing each other. Then I was asked to take his 9 year old brother. They are entirely different! One is still much the little kid but really enjoys hunting. The older is very detailed and observant. And now, I will be taking the most rambunctious 4 year old. He's hilarious and funny. I think we might just stay in the truck and look. It's great exposing theses boys to the sport of hunting and the outdoors. You really have to have a lot of patience but it is well worth it. Well, I just lost my hunting lease, due to the farmer's crazy daughter, after 10 years of managing the property and getting it set up the way I wanted it. The land owner and I have a good friendship going and he said if it was up to him, I would continue to hunt there. But blood is thicker than water. Enough said about that. Now, for the great news, the boys father told me I could have two places to hunt for free if I will take his boys and one of their cousins hunting next year. I jumped all over that and agreed to continue to take them hunting. Both properties have water and are easy to get to. Plus he will help transfer all of my hunting stands and feeders off the farm I hunt now. God is good! I'm retired and don't have any kids so this is doing me a great deed because being around the kids will keep me on my toes and it gives me more purpose in my life at this time. Maybe they will remember these experiences and pass it down the line. Keep hunting fun and making special stories to be lasted for a long time. Every hunt has a story.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taking kids hunting is fun and rewarding in more ways than one. A friend of mine asked me to take his kids hunting since his farming is taking up most of his time. As I wrote in a previous thread, I was taking his 7 year old hunting and we had a blast seeing deer, enjoying snacks and teasing each other. Then I was asked to take his 9 year old brother. They are entirely different! One is still much the little kid but really enjoys hunting. The older is very detailed and observant. And now, I will be taking the most rambunctious 4 year old. He's hilarious and funny. I think we might just stay in the truck and look. It's great exposing theses boys to the sport of hunting and the outdoors. You really have to have a lot of patience but it is well worth it. Well, I just lost my hunting lease, due to the farmer's crazy daughter, after 10 years of managing the property and getting it set up the way I wanted it. The land owner and I have a good friendship going and he said if it was up to him, I would continue to hunt there. But blood is thicker than water. Enough said about that. Now, for the great news, the boys father told me I could have two places to hunt for free if I will take his boys and one of their cousins hunting next year. I jumped all over that and agreed to continue to take them hunting. Both properties have water and are easy to get to. Plus he will help transfer all of my hunting stands and feeders off the farm I hunt now. God is good! I'm retired and don't have any kids so this is doing me a great deed because being around the kids will keep me on my toes and it gives me more purpose in my life at this time. Maybe they will remember these experiences and pass it down the line. Keep hunting fun and making special stories to be lasted for a long time. Every hunt has a story.
Good Job! it's what we need more of in this world!

Vigilance OKC

Marksman
Reaction score
You probably won’t realize all the good you are doing investing in those kids. Good for you for taking the time (and patience!) to introduce kids to the outdoors. In this day and age of social media and instant gratitude, your wisdom will go a long way to counteracting the infection those kids are up against. We need more people like you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom