Talk me out of ANOTHER Burris LPVO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started out within older Burris Mtac 1-4 on my first blackout. I then did a SBR in Blackout and moved th Mtac to the SBR and got a RT6 for the original 16" blackout.
So then I end up with a Ruger American in blackout and hey why not, so got another RT6.

Now working on a 2nd upper for my SBR, it will be a 12.5 5.56 and it's gonna need an optic. It doesn't seem there's any "poor boy" 1-8 scopes that get as good of reviews as the RT6 so I'm kinda thinking of getting another, but I also kinda think there's gotta be something else out there around that price point that may he better suited for a 12.5 5.56.

And I already have a dedicated 5.56 with a 4.5-14 (yeah yeah...another Burris Mtac), so seems a 12.5 could benefit with something between the two.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like Burris stuff for the most part. But I did pick up a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x24 Gen 2 with the Vortex cantilever mount from PSA for $299. It's pretty solid. Second one I've ordered and I'm very happy with both. The glass can't really compete with the higher end stuff but it's not bad for the price. May be a bit more magnification than you're looking for. Not sure if they're still on sale or not. They get really good reviews from what I've seen.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not looked through one of the Strike Eagles personally but everything I have read said the glass on the Burriss RT6 is superior to that of the Strike Eagle for pretty close to the same price point. It sounded like the next step up from Vortex for a 1-8 was worth the extra $150 to $200 over the Strike Eagle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom