Talk to me about lowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How much of a difference, or what difference, will there be between a $50 stripped lower and a $300+ stripped lower?

Thats a heck of a spread and I assume all should be made to the same pattern?
I'm excluding poly lowers or ones that deviate from using a standard parts kit....and those goofy ones with skulls and hog heads on the front....just talking simple "as intended" lowers.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
"Milspec" is forged 7075 aluminum. True "milspec" has provisions for select fire. While none that are civvy legal in current production have that, some have varying degrees of adherence to milspec.

I personally have no interest in the billet lowers, as they are either heavier, weaker, or both. And nearly always more expensive.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As far as functionality of the weapon? No difference in forged or billet.
You may get set screw detents, an integrated trigger guard or a flared magwell with some of the higher priced options in both forged and billet, but they both hold onto the buffer tube the same, they hold the trigger group the same, they hold the mag the same, and they attach to the upper the same way.
Billet just gets stupid expensive with the cheesey designs they put on some of them like the skull or hog head etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom