Talk to your kids and give them a huge hug

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work as a paramedic on an ambulance incase some of you guys didn't know. I can't go into details, but I ran a bad call last night, still is bothering me with many questions, the main one being "Why?" Had a girl, almost a teenager, choose the permanent solution, to a temporary problem. Her parents found her, called 911 and we arrived. We did CPR, started multiple IV's, and intubated her. After a few minutes, we did get a pulse back, but who know how much damage to the brain has been done. In my experience, these don't turn out well, and the feelings of hope quickly fade for everyone involved. Last I checked, she was still alive, but hasn't made any purposeful movement or any signs of improving brain function. One of the hardest parts is always the family, especially the parents. I've always seen three main emotions, anguish, hope, and guilt. I don't have children, just cats. If I did though, I'd wake them up in the middle of the night, give them a big hug and tell them how much I love them and how important and special they are.
taylorhanson1-2x.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I know what you mean... I've been through this scenario more times than I can remember, and it sucks. I always do the same as you, and I hope folks read this and take it to heart. I'll try to do the same...

My son is a hugger, he wants to hug on me and wants me to reassure him all the time - I'm not a hugger and I'm not a person who expresses emotion comfortably - I need to do better about that, especially with my teenage son and my wife. <sigh>

I'm going to spend the day in Tulsa with him at the gun show, I think... I was debating if I wanted to go if they make us wear masks - but I think it's probably important to go with him, regardless, and spend some father/son time.

@killerpigeon is right, ya'll... hug your kids today, and tell them that you love them.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel this because I see families in their normal environment and I can see why teenage suicides are on the rise. Way to many parents use electronics to "parent" their kids. As long as the kids are being quiet all is good. I've seen young kids go up to parents in search of a hug only to be told to go back and play because mommy/daddy is busy. I've seen pre-teens/teens act out because that is the only way they get any attention. When I see this I get mad, upset and sad as I will never be a father. I will never get to experience that pure joy of holding a tiny life I helped create and watch that small life grow into a wonderful person. I did get to help raise my step-son, who I love as much as I can, and I'm proud of the way he turned out. But to see young kids in search of love turned away, I want to yell at these people to not throw that gift away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom