Tanfoglio 380

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_2490.JPG

Picked up this project yesterday. Got it cleaned up for a range test. Seems pretty solid , all parts do what they are supposed to do .
IMG_2489.JPG

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it shoots nicely!! Had to stretch the magazine spring a little. The sear occasionally does not catch on the trigger bar and you have to take the grip off to reset. When I take it back down to polish I will spend more time with the trigger bar to make that go away! When cleaning it before the range test I did not brake the trigger bar and trigger down to get it clean and it does not spring back into place every time!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is a nice looking little project, glad you got it running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_2505.JPG
IMG_2512.JPG
IMG_2513.JPG
So starting to look really nice! Still need to get some new grip screws and work the trigger pitting some more. There was a nice little pistol hiding under all that grime.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to Big boys today and this gun is FTF nose up!! I have checked everything out and all seems right. I believe/hope it is the magazine with to much spring tension but I have nothing to compare it to . Ordered a new one today hopefully that is the problem as I have about run through everything else I can think of.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my experience, mag problems are usually related to the lips not being properly shaped and/or gapped.

In any case, you should always disassemble unfamiliar mags and check for burrs, residue, and proper spring placement (I bought one new mag that had the spring reversed).

Luck. :drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom