Tanfoglio 380

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Well this is a Tanfoglio and while I do not think it is a great gun it is teaching me a lot about the operation of auto pistols. It has been fun working out the various issues and right now it is FTF nose up and I am pretty sure it is the extractor. I bought another off of ebay and it was in worse condition than the one I had.
So now I am either going to order another from Numrich or work on the one I have to make it work.
Either way I am enjoying tinkering with it and thus far I have $160 dollars in it and the extra parts I have needed and acquired for it.
When I get it done and have it fixed I will more likely sell it and get either the Beretta or the Taurus of the same style or completely switch to a Llamma mini 1911.
What ever I do I will have enjoyed the experience.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the mag that came with it and another i bought from Numrich. I cant tell any difference between the 2 on the mag lips. Both mags ftf nose up.
Is there a formula for the lips I can work from or is a trial and error thing messing with the mag lips?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Working it slowly and taking the slide off and pushing the round into the barrel with a pencil work every time!! That is why I think it is the extractor. Now having said that, I am not a gunsmith LOL So everything I do is a learning process.
Can't get a new mag so I have no reference point!!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully I can get a professional( Defcon) to chime in and school me on how to check this stuff out!! :cool:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Working it slowly and taking the slide off and pushing the round into the barrel with a pencil work every time!! That is why I think it is the extractor. Now having said that, I am not a gunsmith LOL So everything I do is a learning process.
Can't get a new mag so I have no reference point!!
Not 100% sure, but if it was an extractor issue I'd think that would show up working it slowly by hand as well. Just make sure it's clean, pivoting easily, and the spring works ok.

Not being familiar with that weapon, trial and error is all I got. I'd take one of the mags and use it to do some testing by adjusting the feed lips. Open them a bit, close them a bit, and try adjusting them so the round tilts up and then down.

Luck. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom