Tank Biathlon. 'Nuff said.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
корвет in Russia would normally reference a class of warship, usually the class below a frigate.
Here in the US, pronounced corvette, would be just what you would think it would be.
The Corvette car was named after the warship of the same class (back when warships carried cannon and canvas). Didn't realize the word was a cognate (language is a sort of hobby of mine). Thanks!

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Blyat! Suka! your bunny wrote! yob tvoyu mat! I only know the curses from the car crash videos.
In Cyrillic, that is

Ёб твою мать!!

I sometimes refer to the Kansas City Star as the Kansas City Кра́сная звезда́ (Krasnaya Zvesda) or the Red Star

The Wichita Eagle was the Daily Worker, etc. I did it mainly to amuse myself.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d think the US wouldn’t want to demo their main battle tank against the opposing tank they may meet in the field under different circumstances so as to not display its full capabilities for study.
The gwot pretty much already did that. Not many secrets left. It’s about 4 decades old..

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We need to make a tank with a nuclear reactor and show it off to everyone. Show them that if they shoot it and blow it up, they have another Chernobyl (<--- I can't believe I spelled that right on the first go) on their hands. Hang signs on them, "Go ahead, make our day".

Latest posts

Top Bottom