Tannerite Fail - This belogns in the Stupid Stuff thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't been on my YouTube channel for years. Let me know if you can or cannot see these.

This is a tannerite video I did a couple of years ago. The target is an old fridge laid on the door with 7 pounds of tannerite taped to the top where the freezer it. Shot from 100 yards with a .338 Lapua.

Never shoot anything with insulation in it when you have to pick up all the trash left over on a day when its 102 degrees. It sucks.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[QUOTE="dennishoddy, post: 34825

Never shoot anything with insulation in it when you have to pick up all the trash left over on a day when its 102 degrees. It sucks.
[/QUOTE]

I agree,
Been there, done that.
However I only used 2 lbs of tannerite & it did a nice job of destroying everything that made the fridge a fridge. I had the door facing to the side at a slight angle, & it ended up in a tree.

Took me over 2 hours to pick up the mess.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
[QUOTE="dennishoddy, post: 34825

I agree,
Been there, done that.
However I only used 2 lbs of tannerite & it did a nice job of destroying everything that made the fridge a fridge. I had the door facing to the side at a slight angle, & it ended up in a tree.

Took me over 2 hours to pick up the mess.[/QUOTE]
We spent about 6 hours picking up every single piece of insulation and as you can see in the second video, it was a lot.
Put the compressor at the rear for a reason. We knew it was more solid than the sheet metal and any real solid pieces would blow away from us, not toward us.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe that guy in the first video hasn't been taught how to shoot.
In addition to using the magazine as a monopod, I'll chime in and say (insert hillbilly accent) "Wah, how could he be a missin' so much? That thur AR has got uh optic on it! Wah, everbody knows ya jest slap you uh optic on nare, and you got yurself a Garr-on-teed sniper rifle! Whazzat? Sightin' in? Aww that's fur wimps and limp-wristed city fellurs what cain't shoot nohow!"

Latest posts

Top Bottom