Tapatalk Help/Issues.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Have you tried the desktop version on your android?

Randell, have you tried going to setting and then preferences and ‘disable responsive’? I did that on iPhone and it went to more of a desktop view. In fact it looks just like my laptop now.
The problem I have with the desktop view is that by the time I zoom in enough to see the text I have to scroll left and right all the time to read anything.

I really miss using Tapatalk to view the forum.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem I have with the desktop view is that by the time I zoom in enough to see the text I have to scroll left and right all the time to read anything.

I really miss using Tapatalk to view the forum.
What phone? Browser? When you say zoom, are you meaning using 2 fingers to "spread" the screen larger or setting the text size/zoom in settings?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What phone? Browser? When you say zoom, are you meaning using 2 fingers to "spread" the screen larger or setting the text size/zoom in settings?
That's what you used to have to do running the main view in a browser. It was basically just the same as on a desktop computer only on your tiny a$$ phone screen. It was totally unusable IMO, so you were forced to use the "mobile version". This update or a previous one, IDK which because I never used that mode, pretty much fixed it. I've been running it on my phone and it works pretty well now.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what you used to have to do running the main view in a browser. It was basically just the same as on a desktop computer only on your tiny a$$ phone screen. It was totally unusable IMO, so you were forced to use the "mobile version". This update or a previous one, IDK which because I never used that mode, pretty much fixed it. I've been running it on my phone and it works pretty well now.
What I do on sites like this is turn the phone into landscape to read, and use portrait to respond. It is annoying buy when you work this much you have to do what needs be done.

Would still rather use Tapatalk as I don't have to do all the reorientation of the phone. Freedom means......

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LG Stylo 5, Chrome. Yes...finger spread zoom.
I don't have access to a LG phone, but I opened Chrome and looked into seeing if something could be done. I also looked into my phone settings, but it wasn't there where I found the ability to make a difference. In Samsung Internet, I was able to go the 3 lines (horizontal stacked lines) in lower right corner and then look for Text Size and the text size could be increased substantially and the forum thread would auto format lines to fit the screen. One could read without shifting left and right.

DSUFLYBOY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LG Stylo 5, Chrome. Yes...finger spread zoom.
O4L, I may have missed it in another thread, but will OSA ever come back to the Tapatalk app/platform?? It is much more convenient for many of us to use Tapatalk vs using a home laptop/PC or the web portal. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I love this forum and it’s members, I just hate missing out on the alerts I use to get on my cellphone and keeping up with everyone. Thanks again.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
O4L, I may have missed it in another thread, but will OSA ever come back to the Tapatalk app/platform?? It is much more convenient for many of us to use Tapatalk vs using a home laptop/PC or the web portal. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I love this forum and it’s members, I just hate missing out on the alerts I use to get on my cellphone and keeping up with everyone. Thanks again.
It is my understanding that it will not return because of security issues.

Maybe someday they can make it work for us again but I sure wouldn't hold my breath.

Top Bottom