Tapatalk Help, Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I participate on a few RV forums, and one of them is looking into adding Tapatalk to their system for those wanting to use the software/app. When I try to search OSA for "Tapatalk problems," I end up getting results that pop up in which EVERY circumstance of where someone adds a comment that their post came from Tapatalk on their brand of phone. Thus, I'm not getting information on what kinds of problems folks are having with Tapatalk.

So, I'm asking for comments of likes and dislikes of Tapatalk from those here that use it. I do remember something to the effect that it was difficult to post pictures using Tapatalk, but I also seem to remember someone saying that "there was a fix for that."

Thanks in advance for anyone and everyone's comments on this.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tapatalk is the easiest way to post pics by far that I've seen. It's also great for browsing on your phone but it's very buggy, with constant lockups on my iPhone and has had that issue for multiple iOS and Tapatalk updates. You'll get real good at force closing and restarting it. Admins and owners hate it because it siphons off all the ad revenue. I see it as a necessary evil if you use a phone to access forums but otherwise it's a flaming dumpster fire. It's only redeeming quality is the posting of pics, IMO.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve used it for years. Any problems I’ve had are far outweighed by the benefits. I’ve even dropped regularly following a few forums than changed to software that no longer supports Tapatalk. Most recently Brian Enos.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tapatalk is the easiest way to post pics by far that I've seen. It's also great for browsing on your phone but it's very buggy, with constant lockups on my iPhone and has had that issue for multiple iOS and Tapatalk updates. You'll get real good at force closing and restarting it. Admins and owners hate it because it siphons off all the ad revenue. I see it as a necessary evil if you use a phone to access forums but otherwise it's a flaming dumpster fire. It's only redeeming quality is the posting of pics, IMO.

Thanks. That is the kind of feedback that I want. You've spoken of both likes, dislikes, and the issue of siphoning off ad revenue is kind of important for a forum and its "survival."

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. That is the kind of feedback that I want. You've spoken of both likes, dislikes, and the issue of siphoning off ad revenue is kind of important for a forum and its "survival."

Well I do dislike it, but like MP I use it a lot too. I utterly hate browsing a forum with a web browser on a phone or smallish tablet. Ditto for the mobile skins of forums since a lot of functionality is usually lost.

I suspect that forum owners will slowly start dropping the Tapatalk feature from their forums if Tapatalk keeps it up. I’ve seen one owner state the revenue issue plus I think it’s problematic to setup and support the software for it in a lot of cases, but I have no 1st hand experience there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No Tapatalk complaints from me . . . I've even started using Tapatalk Pro. Seems to work great for most of the forums I'm on that allow it to be used.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used it some, it's not my norm, but it's nice when out in the deer blind or something, I can surf OSA and post. I like it, though I haven't bothered upgrading to the paid version.

No real complaints - and you can remove the phone signature thing in settings or preferences or something. It's just like an auto-sig on your email.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tapatalk is the only way I access forums. Currently using the pro version so I can download multiple pics at one. The free version only allows one pic at a time.
I had some issues awhile back with some of the folks couldn’t see pics I’d posted while others could.
The issue was that I used my laptop with normal forum software to compose the text I wanted and posted it into the forum. Then I opened up the post with my phone, and inserted the pics with tapatalk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom