Tapatalk

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Access to the forum through Tapatalk has been taken away with the new changes. It doesn't sound very likely that we will ever get it back.
since work blocks these site that makes it a lot harder. I can't get cell data at any speed inside the building and they block sites on the wifi but Tapatalk gets right by their block.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
since work blocks these site that makes it a lot harder. I can't get cell data at any speed inside the building and they block sites on the wifi but Tapatalk gets right by their block.
And yet another reason it sucks to lose it.

Early

LARPing
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been told that Tapatalk is no longer supported due to security issues...the release of user information.
Another forum i visit had this to say about Tapatalk..

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lotta folks don't care about security issues because "it won't happen to me" because "no one cares about me."

This was the point of the recent upgrade, as well as the removal of Tapatalk compatibility.

I for one am glad someone is paying attention, and I support the efforts to improve security.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't use Tapatalk so didn't lose anything. But, it seems like the way Garage Journal communicated their decision was better. Set out the facts in advance.

Same could be said about the forum update. If anything was said in advance I missed it. It would have been nice to just see 'a major update coming' type post.

All that said, I think the new look will work fine for me once I get familiar with it. Security is a good thing.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thanks for posting this. While I dislike having to use the mobile website to use the forum on my phone, I much prefer my privacy at least seemingly be maintained.

I do agree with @trekrok that the transition could have been handle much better than the way OSA has done it. I appreciate that someone from OSA is sticking around and kind of informing the users of what's going on, but the lack of upfront-ness about it all leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
That is the right way to notify your forum members of an upcoming change.

The site owner and support could learn a valuable lesson from this example if they will listen and not ignore the members input here on this subject.

Thanks for posting this.

Top Bottom