Targeting big catfish in early April

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gar prefer human bait. Wiggle your toes in the water, one nearly got me at Arbuckle lake that way. I was wading fishing with bare feet and one took a snap at me. I sort of levitated out of the water.
Lol that's funny, When I was a kid I use to catch them sunning in shallow water and spear them now I try to avoid them & most definitely don't want one nibbling on my toes

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol that's funny, When I was a kid I use to catch them sunning in shallow water and spear them now I try to avoid them & most definitely don't want one nibbling on my toes
Yeah my brother thought I had been bit by a water moccasin with all the cursing I was doing, he laughed his ass of when I told him what happened.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah my brother thought I had been bit by a water moccasin with all the cursing I was doing, he laughed his ass of when I told him what happened.
I'm not going to lie I'd have freaked out to. I once waded into a metal clip stringer of small catfish that had pulled loose obviously from someone fishing and hung back up in some brush at Walnut Creek Park as a kid & learned to speak in tongues and walk on water all in one instance

Latest posts

Top Bottom