Tariffs: Saving American Jobs Since...Wait, What?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to laugh my arse off the first time I saw Showa forks on a Harley, I guess they go with the Nippondenso starters etc... Heck the same goes for Fender guitars with Ping tuners and Korean plastics which don't even say Made in USA anymore, just Corona, CA. Sad

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. Like another poster mentioned, now US steel just adjusted their price up too.

I addition to the "I want it for less" attitude, you have the "I want everything" attitude. The idea being that everyone should have high speed internet, fancy smart phones, tablets, big screen TVs with cable, new cars, etc etc.
If left alone it'll work itself out. Markets are funny that way as long as the playing field rules are level.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shadow has the right attitude. Things work themselves out. Entropy exists. Eventually, I mean, in the long run, it all falls back to coldness. To say otherwise is vanity. Vanity of vanities. Nothing new under the sun.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If left alone it'll work itself out. Markets are funny that way as long as the playing field rules are level.

tariffs are kinda the opposite of 'if left alone', though. And even if you feel a tariff is meant to level a field, it has consequences for other industries (which was already pointed out. Target steel and lose in the auto industry).

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
also, keep in mind that this might be costing YOU (all of us) more. Many local projects have had issues with cost increases because of the fluctuations in steel prices because of the threats of tariffs. Our county is building a new complex for the courts, offices and outdoor venue, but they saw increases in costs because they hadn't already placed their steel order. Overall cost to the county increased, which of course means the cost to us.

I haven't been following enough to know if it's also impacted our city parking garage we are building.

Latest posts

Top Bottom