Taurus 605

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Pocket size 357!!
605 DA.jpg
DA at 17 yards.
605 SA.jpg
SA at 17 yards.

Cannot complain about that!! Full power 357 kicks like a mule out of this little revolver but do not figure I will be running a steady diet of full power. What is nice is I did not see any difference of POI switching from FP 357 to 38 special loads!! Trigger is smooth. DA measures 11 lbs consistently and SA is 3.5 lbs. Will tear into it to polish what I can to clean it up a little.

Still working on my form in DA revolver shooting but getting way better!!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Nice chootin Don! MM is right though, my brother had one of those scandium frame s&w’s. I think I fired three rounds of 357 and handed that thing back to him.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That @okiderider guy is either tough or ... sumpin'... ( :screwy:)... I saw him shoot 5 full house .357 rounds out of my SW340PD, then a little later, he did it again!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Bought a couple boxes of Hornady 125 grain FTX to see how they run out of this 605. Watched a bunch of gel tests on 357 rounds and came to the conclusion that while LSWCHP is great for standard or +P 38 loads it basically passes through everything at 357 level pressures.
So after watching the various gel tests and a pretty comprehensive test of a lot available ammo by Lucky gunner I decided to try these and a couple others. As I could not find the other 2 at cabala's I took these today and it runs the same POA/POI I get with my hand loads I run in my 6 inch revolver. So all is well! Found my SD rounds for this .:cool:

Latest posts

Top Bottom