Taurus Executive Grade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody's arguing personal finances. I think most of us have had some lean times. I know I sure as hell have.

My response to you is also not knocking your personal preferences but rather your understanding of the guns you're badmouthing. You obviously don't understand how modern striker fired guns, not just Glocks, work. And you don't seem to be able to acknowledge your personal prejudices against the AR haven't really been valid for decades. And BTW...most revolvers don't have manual safeties, either.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yeah i mean even sub $400 ar's are really dang reliable these days. and in terms of ergos, modularity, accessibility, the ar is essentially the most perfect firearm we have.

glocks are great; i just hate the grip angle so i don't have any.

Exactly. There's a reason they're as popular as they are and it ain't because they don't work. And as far as Glocks go, yeah, they have a funky angle for some and the shape doesn't work for others. But, like ARs, there's a reason you see a Glock on a cops belt far and away more often than any other gun. They've been the new S&W revolver of the cop world for about 30 years now. Again...it's not because they're unsafe and don't work.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody's arguing personal finances. I think most of us have had some lean times. I know I sure as hell have.

My response to you is also not knocking your personal preferences but rather your understanding of the guns you're badmouthing. You obviously don't understand how modern striker fired guns, not just Glocks, work. And you don't seem to be able to acknowledge your personal prejudices against the AR haven't really been valid for decades. And BTW...most revolvers don't have manual safeties, either.
Most revolvers are not striker fired either. I also do admit it is a personal issue with ARs.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not trust ANY striker fired pistol without a manual safety, period. As far as my distrust and hatred of the mouse gun, back in the mid 70s while in the CG.
Back on the money part of this debate, I have seen times when I have had good 1911s, Smith revolvers stuck on my belt. Others when I felt lucky to afford a Jennings 22 stuck in my pocket.
Something happen to your trigger finger? It’s been the manual safety on firearms since almost day one.

The glock safety is manual. Your booger hook activates and deactivates it.

My colt model 1903 and 1908 aren’t drop safe, and it they a manual thumb safety. John Browning screwed the pooch that design.

Never had an issue with my Taurus 608, other than the trigger was awful. Took it apart, saw I couldn’t fix that, and the internal machining was awful. traded it off. A few years later, bought another Taurus revolver, took it apart, machining was awful… I gave up after that. I like budget and bang for the buck, it was on the wrong side of quality for me though.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not trust ANY striker fired pistol without a manual safety, period. As far as my distrust and hatred of the mouse gun, back in the mid 70s while in the CG.
Back on the money part of this debate, I have seen times when I have had good 1911s, Smith revolvers stuck on my belt. Others when I felt lucky to afford a Jennings 22 stuck in my pocket.
1 Manual safety? Glock has 3. 4 if you count keeping your finger off of the trigger. My point here is that there are far superior firearms that can be had for reasonable prices if you’re patient and shop around. Cheap junk is priced cheaply for a reason. ITS JUNK. Jimenez. Jennings. HiPoint. Lorcin. Taurus. They’re crap. That’s why they’re cheap. I’d come closer to trusting the safety of my family to a pocket knife than trusting a Lorcin or a Jimenez to function when I was under duress. My brother thinks HiPoint is the end all/ be all of weapons. When we shoot together he spends 90 percent of his time clearing feed jams. Junk is junk man. Better products can be had for better prices if you shop a little. REGARDLESS of your income level.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Allow me to further make my point.
58DF7194-173B-4117-AD5F-048CDF3C61A7.png
AF46F88B-345C-435C-8432-719C3BF658EF.png

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You’re trying to make it sound like a Glock is in the $1000.00-$1500.00 range. A good, used Glock can be had for $450-$500 any day of the week. ARs are as cheap as you can build them. You can get a lower and a kit off of palmetto state armory for $500.00 or less. My point is that you don’t have to buy junk to be a member of the 2A club. I would not. I will not. I can not trust my families safety to a Taurus or any other off brand product. I have too many instances where those firearms fail when it counts. I wouldn’t use a HiPoint for a paperweight. Same goes for Rossi, Charter Arms and several others.
Heck, I've seen even recently new Glocks retailing for under $500. Maybe not gen 5, gen 1 through 3. I don't love Glocks but they are a good firearm. I have even seen M & P's for under $500 new.

Latest posts

Top Bottom