Taurus Executive Grade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMO Taurus was junk the exceptions were the PT 92 and revolvers. My previous personal experience is jam-o-matics and for me not worth the hassle.

I watched as friends bought G2, shot thousands of rounds, and never had an issue, then the G3s (G3/G3C). I was inspired so I bought a few G3s and haven't had a single issue.

I purchased a HiPoint/Glock 44 and that was a jam-o-Matic and then only liked CCIs. First Glock ever to Jam on me. I purchased a Taurus TX-22 and it eats everything. Heck my old Walther P22 eats anything.

The point is Taurus has come a long way in improving its quality in my opinion.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
IMO Taurus was junk the exceptions were the PT 92 and revolvers. My previous personal experience is jam-o-matics and for me not worth the hassle.

I watched as friends bought G2, shot thousands of rounds, and never had an issue, then the G3s (G3/G3C). I was inspired so I bought a few G3s and haven't had a single issue.

I purchased a HiPoint/Glock 44 and that was a jam-o-Matic and then only liked CCIs. First Glock ever to Jam on me. I purchased a Taurus TX-22 and it eats everything. Heck my old Walther P22 eats anything.

The point is Taurus has come a long way in improving its quality in my opinion.

I bought a Glock 44 from a member here and it eats bulk ammo. Lol

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like you said, junk is junk and to me the AR is still junk.

Sorry, Rick...that's just an ignorant statement, regardless of how you feel about them.

And in regards to all that other nonsense about Glocks being fired inappropriately...

KEEP YOUR DAMNED FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNLESS YOU WANT TO FIRE THE GUN!

There...problem solved. I worked in patrol, as a firearms instructor, crime scene technician and FTO in a sheriff's department with almost 800 deputies, the majority of whom
carried Glocks. 10 years, 0 NDs with Glock pistols. ZEE-Ro.

I worked in another south Denver metro-area PD. I was a shift supervisor, instructor and on the SWAT team. Glocks were the only gun authorized for carry. 5 years, 0 NDs with Glocks.

I'm telling you... The gun WILL NOT fire when properly carried and when there is no external force that pulls the trigger to the rear. I don't care how many articles you post or what you think or how long you were breast fed or anything else... It can't be argued. If it does fire, something moved the trigger to the rear. Period. And that's likely true for any other top-quality, striker-fired pistol. I don't know for certain because I can't say how they all work. But I've been to many Glock Armorer and Instructor courses so I know Glocks pretty well.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, Rick...that's just an ignorant statement, regardless of how you feel about them.

And in regards to all that other nonsense about Glocks being fired inappropriately...

There...problem solved. I worked in patrol, as a firearms instructor, crime scene technician and FTO in a sheriff's department with almost 800 deputies, the majority of whom

I worked in another south Denver metro-area PD. I was a shift supervisor, instructor and on the SWAT team. Glocks were the only gun authorized for carry. 5 years, 0 NDs with Glocks.

I'm telling you... The gun WILL NOT fire when properly carried and when there is no external force that pulls the trigger to the rear. I don't care how many articles you post or what you think or how long you were breast fed or anything else... It can't be argued. If it does fire, something moved the trigger to the rear. Period. And that's likely true for any other top-quality, striker-fired pistol. I don't know for certain because I can't say how they all work. But I've been to many Glock Armorer and Instructor courses so I know Glocks pretty well.

Well said! Thank you, sir!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

And yet there are discharges recorded every year with them. Look man, not everyone is that well trained and if they are having trouble scrapping up the money for a Glock, just how much training do you think they can afford? Even many cops have issues keeping their finger off the trigger as the quotes I posted show.

Bottom line, you have your opinion and I have mine and all the big fonts in the world are not going to change that. Someday I ever fire one a lot without problems, maybe. But I have shot friends and did not.

I have fired a lot more reliable Taurus, etc than I ever have ARs, and I DO NOT TRUST STRIKER FIRED WITHOUT A SAFETY. Heck I even like the grip safety on my 1911.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
And yet there are discharges recorded every year with them. Look man, not everyone is that well trained and if they are having trouble scrapping up the money for a Glock, just how much training do you think they can afford? Even many cops have issues keeping their finger off the trigger as the quotes I posted show.

Bottom line, you have your opinion and I have mine and all the big fonts in the world are not going to change that. Someday I ever fire one a lot without problems, maybe. But I have shot friends and did not.

I have fired a lot more reliable Taurus, etc than I ever have ARs, and I DO NOT TRUST STRIKER FIRED WITHOUT A SAFETY. Heck I even like the grip safety on my 1911.

Theoretically how can someone that hurts for money afford a Taurus AND ammo to give it a serious function test?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Theoretically how can someone that hurts for money afford a Taurus AND ammo to give it a serious function test?
Most are lucky to run a box or two a year thru any forearm they own. Heck if not for reloading before they made me stop, I would be trying to sell stuff to buy more than 5.56. I loaded up a bunch of 38 and 9mm before my health went to crap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom